C Zach Gallant - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2017 Draft)

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
After an underwhelming rookie campaign (just 4 points, all assists, in 51 games), Gallant has rebounded to put up some decent numbers so far this season (42 points in 53 games) on a strong Peterborough squad. He's also around 60% in the dot.

For those who have seen him play this season, what are his strengths and weaknesses? And what are your thoughts on his pro potential?

pharling

Mar 26, 2012
Kingston, ON
he just came back after missing a few weeks with an eye injury. Overall his pro upside is limited, but he has been a steady riser this season leading up to his injury. He has great compete, plays a good two-way game, is strong on draws. He has good skating and speed and has really developed an offensive upside.

Takes the puck to the net, has a good quick shot, not overly powerful but very accurate. Sees plays well, reads and reacts to find open ice and intercept passes and find open ice, anticipates plays well.

overall a strong riser in the draft class that has gone from potentially being drafted to a lock.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Appreciate the response. Sounds like the potential to develop into an NHL forward is there.

I noticed he registered another couple points last night. Third multi-point game in a row.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
3C upside IMO. A good defensive coach will really like him.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I'm a big fan. I think he's a solid late 2nd/3rd rounder.

As some have mentioned, not sure about the offensive upside, but he's got a good motor, plays hard and smart at both ends, has good hands, and is one of the OHL's most feared body checkers. He also is an excellent face-off man. A throwback power center who should make an excellent 3rd line center down the line, perhaps even a 2nd line center if his offensive game continues to grow.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Measured in at 6'1 but had a 6'6 wing span. He beat out Hague and Rasanen despite being 5 inches shorter.

Not sure if that means he's gonna grow more or if he's just super lanky. But that reach probably helps him excel defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad