C William Nylander (2014, 8th, TOR) V [Mod warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Why the constant knocks on nick Ritchie? He's a great prospect in his own right, and I don't see the point in putting him down just to pump nylanders tires.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Don't worry they do the same with Virtanen. They think Nylander is the next Ovechkin or something :D

That's a new one. I thought we were all supposed to think he was the next Bure? I can never keep up with what trolls say we believe.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Don't worry they do the same with Virtanen. They think Nylander is the next Ovechkin or something :D

theresnoway.. more like a bigger version of Patty Kane. They are kinda similar hopefully Nylander can show us something when he gets a shot next year.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
theresnoway.. more like a bigger version of Patty Kane. They are kinda similar hopefully Nylander can show us something when he gets a shot next year.

Right now Nylander is the same height, and 5 lbs smaller than Kane, but hopefully that will change.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
I can't wait for him to play in the NHL. Other than Ekblad, Nylander will be the best player from the draft.

Teams like Vancouver, Carolina, Islanders and Sabres will regret passing on him.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I can't wait for him to play in the NHL. Other than Ekblad, Nylander will be the best player from the draft.

Teams like Vancouver, Carolina, Islanders and Sabres will regret passing on him.

Eh I think Reinhart will be better than him but I'd say he ends up 3rd best. Damn good prospect.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Eh I think Reinhart will be better than him but I'd say he ends up 3rd best. Damn good prospect.

I think you're forgetting about Sam Bennett, who could very well end up the best of the bunch.

Was gonna say this. Ehlers might join the list as well.

I think 2014 draft will be the better years as you have Ekblad, Reinhart, Nylander, Ehlers and Bennett having great year so far.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Man oh man, I herd a quote from Detroit's gm stating that they expected Mantha to struggle a bit his first pro year and how good the AHL is but then I thought about a 18 year old Nylander and seeing what he's doing. Last 17 games 18 points.

He's a maple leaf next year. No way to justify not giving him a spot when he can clearly outplay haft of our current forward core.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Yeah he's pretty much too good to not make the leafs.

If we play him on wing...He's might be the 3rd best winger (assuming Lupul is gone) after Kessel/JVR already. Or we can use him in the 3C and try to shelter him with Kadri/Holland as the 1-2.

Honestly I think he is NHL ready already. 18p in last 17gp, took him time to adjust to the AHL but he's on fire now. Whether its worth bringing him up to a bottom 5 team next year or keeping him in the AHL to dominate again is Shanny's decision.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Why the constant knocks on nick Ritchie? He's a great prospect in his own right, and I don't see the point in putting him down just to pump nylanders tires.

Just a knock on a couple Leafs posters who hate on everything Nylander and praise Ritchie because they wanted him instead.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Please hold him down one more year or at least over new year, so he can play WJC 20. However I see the chances for that to be slim.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
No need to downplay some prospects (ritchie, virtanen, ehlers, reinheart...) to pump nylander tires. I'm a leafs fan, i'm happy for him but no need to hate on others. I think all teams did well in the 2014 draft

ChrisBeezer

Mar 1, 2015
Really hope he spends next season in the AHL, this team is going to be a dumpster fire next year. No need to expose him to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad