C Will Smith - Boston College, NCAA (2023, 4th, SJS)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
William Smith at eliteprospects.com

Projects as one of the top American players for 2023. Solid two-way player already at this point and is one of the better ‘05’s, if not the best out of America for the 2023 NHL draft.

NCAA Commitment: Northeastern

QMJHL Rights: Gatineau Olympics
QMJHL American Draft: Gatineau Olympics (R1, 2021, #9 Overall)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Jokes aside it would be nice to get some real scouting on him from people who have watched him closely - maybe from the USNTDP camp? Musty already has the look of a thoroughbred in OHL camp and many if not most scouting services grade Smith higher - or at least have till this point - so there's little doubt Smith is seen as a potential blue chipper.

The Puck Preps report from last fall (without copying word for word) as an electric puck handler with elite offensive tools (playmaking and scoring) across the board. They have him #4 on their 2005-born list right now, one ahead of Aram Minnetian as the top American and ahead of the likes of Callum Ritchie and Quentin Musty. By all accounts he should be one of the stars of the U17 team this year.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Jokes aside it would be nice to get some real scouting on him from people who have watched him closely - maybe from the USNTDP camp? Musty already has the look of a thoroughbred in OHL camp and many if not most scouting services grade Smith higher - or at least have till this point - so there's little doubt Smith is seen as a potential blue chipper.

The Puck Preps report from last fall (without copying word for word) as an electric puck handler with elite offensive tools (playmaking and scoring) across the board. They have him #4 on their 2005-born list right now, one ahead of Aram Minnetian as the top American and ahead of the likes of Callum Ritchie and Quentin Musty. By all accounts he should be one of the stars of the U17 team this year.
I watched some of the NTDP tryouts and I thought he looked great. Good puckhandler, great offensive instincts, good vision and passing. From what I saw -- and it was just a couple scrimmages, he didn't show a great shot, so that's not a big part of his game. His release is good, but it's his accuracy and instincts around the net that make him dangerous.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
If his nickname isn't some variation of "Fresh Prince", I quit hockey fandom.

tumblr_lt13ip9rRz1r1pr85.png

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
He has been a bit snake bitten to start the season but Smith looks like the top talent on the U17 team. It’s a weaker class but I think he projects as a top 6 toward and first rounder. Had his best game of the year tonight with 3+1. I expect his production to pick up.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
How does he compare to 2004's most talented strikers Nazar, McGroarty and Cooley? More or less potential?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
2 goals tonight so far for the U18 team. He’s been playing up an age group for almost two months, near a point per game. He’s the the top player in the program for the 2023 draft.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
There are 7 point per game forwards on the U18 USNTDP team (min 10 games).

Nazar, Cooley, Howard, Gauthier, McGroarty, Snuggerud, and 2023 eligible Will Smith.

Last edited:
Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad