C/W William Nylander - MODO, SHL (2014, 8th overall, Toronto) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Nylander*

Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 25m
Just got off the phone with the Leafs Director of Amateur Scouting Dave Morrison. He told me Nylander is over 5'11 & 180+ pounds.

For reference, he turned 18 two months ago.

McLovin*

Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 25m
Just got off the phone with the Leafs Director of Amateur Scouting Dave Morrison. He told me Nylander is over 5'11 & 180+ pounds.

For reference, he turned 18 two months ago.

Yeah, I see him weighing the same as Stamkos once he gets older, and be 6'0 like him as well.

Just a guess though, since we obviously can't really predict growth spurts; for all we know he can get 3 inches taller. The size is already fine for him though, being the skill type player that he is. Any more height would just be a bonus

Last edited by a moderator:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
He'll be one of those guys we never get a true height/weight for, like Giroux or Kane, and his height won't hold him back as much as some people want to believe.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
He'll be one of those guys we never get a true height/weight for, like Giroux or Kane, and his height won't hold him back as much as some people want to believe.
Sorry, but have you seen him play? He doesn't look short at all.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
You quoted me as if I said he was 5'9" :laugh:

You mentioned and compared him to 2 players that are famously shorter than their listed 5'11. What are people to think? Why would we not know his height if he is infact 5'11.5 or 6 ft as he appears to be?

What were you trying to say, but obviously failed to convey?

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Both Nylander and Ehlers are not short and both could very well end up being the two best forwards in that whole draft.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
You mentioned and compared him to 2 players that are famously shorter than their listed 5'11. What are people to think? Why would we not know his height if he is infact 5'11.5 or 6 ft as he appears to be?

What were you trying to say, but obviously failed to convey?

I was trying to say that I think he'll be one of those guys we never get a true height/weight for, like Giroux or Kane, and his height won't hold him back as much as some people want to believe.

There's no code in there.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726497&navid=DL|TOR|home

From 2 days ago ^ calls him 5'9" 169lbs.
That tweet said 5'11" 180lbs
Other places have him listed as 5'10" 175lbs :laugh:

It'll be conflicting heights all over the place and people will bring it up as a negative but with his style of play, it will be irrelevant, hence the "won't hold him back as much as some people want to believe"

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Meh, he was taller than randy Carlyle on stage at the draft. He's not 5'9

He looked as tall as Dave Morrisson and he is 6'0. So somewhere around 5'11.5" like TSN had him is likely.

The point is, he isn't small. His size won't be what holds him back from becoming an elite player. It's up to him to work on just rounding out his game.

cosmicnavigator

Aug 26, 2008
Sweden

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
cTvx0fL.jpg

taller than carlyle (5'10) and shorter than morrison (6'0).

he's somewhere around 5'11 and 6'0. he's still growing and IMO, he tops off at 6'1.

McLovin*

He looked as tall as Dave Morrisson and he is 6'0. So somewhere around 5'11.5" like TSN had him is likely.

The point is, he isn't small. His size won't be what holds him back from becoming an elite player. It's up to him to work on just rounding out his game.

Dude's a gym rat. He ranked top 1-10 at the combine for 7 different tests:

Anaerobic peak power output
Anaerobic mean power output
Hand-eye
Pull ups
Pro agility left
Pro agility right
single leg squat

www.hockeysverige.se/2014/06/01/nylander-imponerade-vid-nhl-draft-combine

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Like it would matter for a guy like Nylander if he's 5'10 or 6'0.. Or the previous year Drouin. Or in the league already Pat Kane.

Bill_Crosby*

I wouldn't necessarily bet the farm on him growing another 2-3 inches. I may be an anomaly but I was 6"1 at 15 and was 6"1 at 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad