C/W Travis Konecny (2015, 24th, PHI) II

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Hextall has really done a nice job. TK really has shown as a 19 yr old he belongs and can thrive in the nhl. Still is a pretty small guy and with his feisty play I just hope he can be smart about that and stay healthy.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The only problem I see with Konecny so far is that he definitely has some nerves still.

He's missed a few open nets and other shots that normally would be a slam dunk for him. Obviously this will be fixed with experience and time, but it's just a shame because he's played so well he deserves these goals.

Couldn't be happier with him otherwise.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looking fwd to tonight's game with the Leafs. Flyers young guns led by Travis and Ivan vs. the Leafs young guns. Neither team the strongest defensively. Could be a barn burner. Really looking fwd to seeing Konecny play though. He always makes an impression on me when I see him play.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Looking fwd to tonight's game with the Leafs. Flyers young guns led by Travis and Ivan vs. the Leafs young guns. Neither team the strongest defensively. Could be a barn burner. Really looking fwd to seeing Konecny play though. He always makes an impression on me when I see him play.

You should try and find a replay of the Flyers last game against Detroit. He missed a goal he should have scored, and then instead of sulking, he became a little ball of hate hitting everything in sight.

It was fantastic to see.

When Philly traded up to get him, it was to increase their chances of adding a top 6 player to the lineup. They got exactly what they wanted.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Jealous the Flyers have this guy. He's basically a right handed Parise. We'll see how he holds up considering he is pretty small

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You should try and find a replay of the Flyers last game against Detroit. He missed a goal he should have scored, and then instead of sulking, he became a little ball of hate hitting everything in sight.

It was fantastic to see.

When Philly traded up to get him, it was to increase their chances of adding a top 6 player to the lineup. They got exactly what they wanted.

Please do not take this as anything other than I 100% agree. But I have always thought so highly of Travis. I had him rated 11th OA in the draft. Flyers are extremely fortunate to have him. Well worth the trade up.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Please do not take this as anything other than I 100% agree. But I have always thought so highly of Travis. I had him rated 11th OA in the draft. Flyers are extremely fortunate to have him. Well worth the trade up.

Oh I don't. I remember you being high on him before he was drafted. You were spot on.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Jealous the Flyers have this guy. He's basically a right handed Parise. We'll see how he holds up considering he is pretty small

Going to take this as a big compliment considering I've never seen you say something good about the Flyers :laugh: .... but yeah, TK takes a lot of abuse for his size. I think he'll be ok as he physically matures and perhaps even become more aggressive in the hitting department. Teams have definitely been targeting (mostly cleanly) Konecny a lot so far.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Going to take this as a big compliment considering I've never seen you say something good about the Flyers :laugh: .... but yeah, TK takes a lot of abuse for his size. I think he'll be ok as he physically matures and perhaps even become more aggressive in the hitting department. Teams have definitely been targeting (mostly cleanly) Konecny a lot so far.

No, I was talking about how he would abandon you guys to go home :sarcasm:

Mar 12, 2009

It was fantastic to see.

I was hoping the Leafs would take him or Bracco at 24, was a bit bummed when we traded down and he was who was taken with the pick...then more so when I got to see him last year. My only concern was durability or injury given how the type of game he plays and being his size. So far it's not been an issue at all.

Really nice goal. A lot of teams missed the ball in that draft.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Konecny thanks you for your loyalty and rewards you with a goal.

:handclap:

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
yeah i was thinking the same carrick should have taken a penalty there.
But man was that a mans move by TK, loved the goal.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Many thanks.

Nice goal, Carrick might want to try and slash or trip him up if he wants to stop him...very nice goal for TK

He took a big swing at Tk's stick....but TK managed to keep the puck on his stick then score.

Almost every game, TK creates 3-5 scoring chances. Just what we needed.

Mar 12, 2009
TK with 4 HITS as well tonight...must be taking a few pointers from Gudas

In junior he reminded me of maybe a bit less defensive(not a knock, he's very good, just compared to the Mike Richards I saw in junior), but better skating version of Mike Richards, who was my favourite player in my slightly younger years. He's a strong skater, tenacious, gritty, physical and talented offensively. If he develops the Richards two way game (and I don't think that's a big stretch) he will be a fixture on a strong team.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Beautiful goal tonight. Kid looks really good. I wasn't crazy about the Leafs trading down and passing on him during the draft but maybe one of Dermott/Bracco/Nielson will surprise in the future.

Anyway, congrats to Philly and their fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad