C/W Melker Karlsson (2008 undrafted; 2014 signed, SJS)

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
4 g, 4 a in 12 games. The kid has a motor, is gritty, defensively responsible, has good hockey sense, and a nose for the puck. He is pretty fast but his agility could be a bit better. He will likely come down to earth, but all in all he is exceeding everyone's expectations.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I really like this kid. He's smart and has a knack for getting in the right place at the right time. His skating could be better but it's not holding him back right now.

Billy Mays Here*

Roenick certainly had a fun time trying to pronounce his name over and over again tonight.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He's definitely getting some good bounces so his offensive numbers will not continue at quite this high a pace, but I think he has a strong chance to be a very good third liner. He's not particularly big, he's not particularly fast, but he's super smart, good hands, and his motor never stops running. He seems to see the play before he develops so he's able to be where he needs to be despite not being that fast. A real puck-hound. Reminds me a little of Pavelski, but obviously nowhere near Pavelski's offensive skills.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
I'm sorry, but that's Melky Cabrera's nickname.
Sorry, I'm swedish so baseball is completely insignificant to me.
Since I'm a Lord of the Rings geek, I would go with Morgoth or the Dark Lord.

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Melkor
Haha, that reference has also been made but sadly I think there are too few of us Tolkien-geeks to truly appreciate it.
28gK1Zm.jpg

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Sorry, I'm swedish so baseball is completely insignificant to me.

Haha, that reference has also been made but sadly I think there are too few of us Tolkien-geeks to truly appreciate it.
28gK1Zm.jpg

To be honest, you're probably better off haha.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Sharks got the best Skellefteå have had to offer in years, Karlsson and also Petter Emanuelsson who is an even more interesting prospect IMO.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Limited sample size, but what is Karlsson's ceiling with the sharks? Are we talking middle 6, or possibly top 6?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad