C/W Ivan Morozov - Spartak Moscow, KHL (2018, 61st, VGK)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So, Russian playmakers. Not even playmakers, though, but playmaker. And Shippy did say it was on both parties but w/e, one thing I'll say is that his treatment was not unique. He was handled like McPhee handled Theodore, & Tuch. Even asked Shippy if he wanted to be traded to a different team to which Shippy declined and went home.

Not to mention McPhee was pretty trash at handling Kuznetsov, right? If you want Russians in general look at the Caps rosters over the years... He's not the GM anymore though. Coaching staff? One survivor from that season.

But if you want to talk about talented playmakers in general, well, that's Vegas' entire forward group except for Pacioretty, Roy, & Tuch. And also let some walk/traded away some like the aforementioned in this thread Stastny.
I don't think Vegas ever had that kind of a playmaker.

To be honest I was surprised they signed him, because he is not what the team wanted to have in it's on ice product. It was less of a surprise for me it did not work out well. And seeing what I see from Shipachyov now, you don't waste this kind of talent. Given that all what happened happened after they signed him to a contract it is all the more absurd. If they thought they are signing to that contract a player who will just play in the AHL as long as they want it was stupid. They probably also made promises they never kept. That is common practice in the NHL it seems. And many Russians find out the hard way.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Very surprised there isn't more attention on this prospect. It's conceivable he can step right into the NHL as soon as the 2022-23 season.

Apparently every other VGK prospect should be playing in the NHL after 2 hot weeks in the AHL so it's a nice change of pace to see one flying under the radar. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Very surprised there isn't more attention on this prospect. It's conceivable he can step right into the NHL as soon as the 2022-23 season.
Vegas prospect, so don't expect much hype similarly to Elvenes, Dugan, Dorofeyev, & Cormier. Heck even Krebs kind of has less hype than he would have if drafted by a dufferent team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad