C/W C/LW Swedish Twins Max and Joel Wahlgren Modo J20 (2019 Draft)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Well look what we have here.....

on the year the Canucks host the draft, 2 Swedish twins from Modo happen to be 2019 draft Eligible. They wear numbers 44 and 55 not sure if this is some coincidence . Both can play centre and wing.

Any Swedish fans seen these kids play? are they top round material? Are they future NHLers? any comments?

thanks in adavnce.

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
It would honestly be so cool if the Canucks draft them high and they end up being stars the year after Daniel and Henrik retire.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It would honestly be so cool if the Canucks draft them high and they end up being stars the year after Daniel and Henrik retire.

the thing is that no one even knew there are Swedish twins from Modo eligible for the 2019 pick until like today, when a Canuck fan mentioned it, means they might not be as good as the twins, which is expected but even if they are considered 1st rounders they would have been somehow mentioned. but it will be cool tbh. trying to get a feel of their game. Stats seem to resemble Jonathan Dhalen at the same age.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Pretty crazy. They don’t seem to be near the level of the Sedins, but cool nevertheless. I was thinking of posting this thread a few months ago but I didn’t even think they’d appear relevant, I haven’t really seen anything special from them.

For any FIFA fans out there, in career mode, once a legend in the game retires, like Ronaldo or Messi, a “regen” spawns in the game at the age of 16/17 with the same position and country of origin. This eerily reminds me of that.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
They're obviously not close to the level of the Sedins but...

Swedish twins from Modo. Draft eligible the season after the Sedins retire. Just eery...

I would not be opposed to loading up some middle-round picks just to draft them for the novelty.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
So to bump this thread, an interesting development... Max is scoring at a very good pace with 6 goals and 6 assists in 8 games, good for 6th in the league points wise, with a higher PPG than other higher ranked eligibles like Albin Grewe and Oscar Bjerselius. He’s also higher than Holtz and Raymond. He’s easily the more dynamic of the two, in fact he looks like he has more skill than Joel.

Joel however is struggling with 4 goals and no assists in 6 games. Interesting the difference in points from the two.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Brian Burke somewhere reading this like

448.jpg

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Haven't heard much about them as of yet. Have to see how the rest of their draft year pans out to see if and where they get drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad