C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I thought he looked great last night. Seems like he's ready to be an impact player, wouldn't be surprised to see him get pulled into playoff games if Winnipeg struggles to score.

Reactions: hn777

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I thought he looked great last night. Seems like he's ready to be an impact player, wouldn't be surprised to see him get pulled into playoff games if Winnipeg struggles to score.
Not a chance. Like zero chance. He is still minimum 1/2 year away possibly full year. He needs to get much stronger.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

CrosbyStaalsAndNash

Apr 25, 2014
winnipeg
Ahh, so many wrote him at the draft, and many discarded his season in WHL, but man Winnipeg is out of crows now. First many of us Jet-fans need to eat beacuse the team is good, and then Winnipeg need to serve "experts" crow beacuse their bad takes on Lambert...
I couldn't believe the league allowed him to fall to us at pick #30. I was, and still am ecstatic about him being a Winnipeg Jet. He'll be the next player jersey I get

32/32 teams would 100% take a player with the speed, skill and confidence of Nik Ehlers, but who can play center. Nevermind taking him at 30th overall AFTER drafting Rutger Mcgroarty 14th.

Chevy following that 1st round up by taking Elias Salomonsson 55th overall is gonna be studied by future GMs and front offices as one of the all time great drafts.

Reactions: Pongs21

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I remember being excited yet skeptical about this pick. I thought someone in the 20s wouldve at least taken a shot at him and I was beyond stunned to hear us selecting him at 30. You could see the potential of the talent he had but was just missing the execution at the pro level and didnt really fit the mold or playstyle of Liiga & Finnish NJT.

He really hit his stride in the WHL with Seattle and in his first full AHL season as a center has officially blown the doors open. Sky is the limit for him here in Winnipeg.

I couldn't believe the league allowed him to fall to us at pick #30. I was, and still am ecstatic about him being a Winnipeg Jet. He'll be the next player jersey I get

32/32 teams would 100% take a player with the speed, skill and confidence of Nik Ehlers, but who can play center. Nevermind taking him at 30th overall AFTER drafting Rutger Mcgroarty 14th.

Chevy following that 1st round up by taking Elias Salomonsson 55th overall is gonna be studied by future GMs and front offices as one of the all time great drafts.
The 2022 draft is actually turning out to be one of the best drafts this org has ever had. McGoarty, Lambert, and Salomonsson all in one foul swoop is clean work by Chevy and the scouting dept.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
As noted above, not only is Lambert trending to be a good NHLer, but the #55 pick Salomonsson is trending to be a really good RD. He's still just 19, but has been playing as the #1 D for his SHL team that has just reached the Finals.

Note that the Jets got both of those picks (to select Lambert and Salomonsson) in the Copp trade to the NYR (they also got goalie Milic, who is now their #1 AHL goalie as an AHL rookie).

Chevy has been on fire since the 2022 Trade Deadline.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Lamberts certainly as flashy as you can get. Best skater we’ve had since Ehlers and plays centre.

Contrary to some of the slightly over zealous Jets fans his brain certainly isn’t up to par with his hands and feet and especially late in shifts I noticed he relies on a lot of hope plays and doesn’t seem to know what he’s going to do with the puck before he gets it. Seems very slight too.

Regardless though, with those tools he doesn’t have think like Kucherov to be an impact NHLer and he certainly makes games exciting to watch and it’s VERY exciting that a cup contender has a prospect of this caliber

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad