C Vincent Trocheck (2011, 64th overall, Florida)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I was watching the Whalers game today because I wanted to watch Rakell, and I came away super impressed with Vince Trocheck. Then I looked at his stats and I saw that he's got 93 points in 56 games. That's insane. How come no one ever talks about him on these boards that much? Does he not project to be a great NHL player or something?

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC
I was watching the Whalers game today because I wanted to watch Rakell, and I came away super impressed with Vince Trocheck. Then I looked at his stats and I saw that he's got 93 points in 56 games. That's insane. How come no one ever talks about him on these boards that much? Does he not project to be a great NHL player or something?

I love Trocheck, I think he'll be a solid 2way 2nd or 3rd line center in the nhl.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Funny... I was just coming to the prospect board to make a Trocheck thread because he doesn't get the attention he should.. While he has an impressive 97 pts in 57 gp this season.. Imagine if he was in Plymouth all season! In 22 games played for the Whalers he has 21 goals and 26 assists... #VT3!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I loved watching him play in Saginaw for three and half years. I always find it funny when I look on the Panthers board and see people saying he'll be a third or fourth line guy. HA! He's the best two way forward in the entire OHL. He is not a bottom six guy. Never was and I can't see him working in that role. He needs to have a big role on a team to thrive. He is a top six guy and you'll see him in Florida's top six in the next 3 years. Count on it.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Mueller
Fleischmann-Trocheck-Shore
Howden-Matthias-Versteeg
Kopecky-Goc-Skille

That's going to be a sick forward group in 3-5 years

Canuck71*

I don't understand it either. In my opinion he's been the best player in the OHL this year and is flying under he radar bigtime. Funny that you all say you have been impressed with trocheck the times you have all seen him. I have had about 10 live viewings of trocheck the past 2 years and have came away overly impressed with his play every time. He's comes to play consistently and brings it to the opposition every night.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Should be interesting to see how his game translates to the pro level. I've seen him play a few times, always looks like the smartest player on the ice. Pretty deadly shot too.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Whenever I think of Trocheck I think of the time Huberdeau was chirping him at the WJC. He (Huberdeau) had a big stupid grin on his face and kept asking Trocheck "who are you?". Trocheck was mad at him for something, I can't remember though. I'm sure Jonathan will know who he is in a couple years when they're playing together :laugh:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Whenever I think of Trocheck I think of the time Huberdeau was chirping him at the WJC. He (Huberdeau) had a big stupid grin on his face and kept asking Trocheck "who are you?". Trocheck was mad at him for something, I can't remember though. I'm sure Jonathan will know who he is in a couple years when they're playing together :laugh:

Can you remember which game it was and what period and preferably around what time it happened? Would love to see that.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Can you remember which game it was and what period and preferably around what time it happened? Would love to see that.

I think it was the round robin game, 2nd or 3rd period, and it was seen on the TSN broadcast.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Huge sleeper. Looked good at WJC. He's not big but looks similar to Weiss in size. Skating seems decent and plays an NHL 2-way game.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Yeah the round robin game they got a couple roughing penalties or something and you can see Huberdeau saying in the box who the hell are you or something like that

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
i actually never heard of guy till this thread mentioned him lol. solid pick for the panthers. hes got a goal per game this year, and is averaging around 2/ppg, might come out to be great center man u never know .

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Trocheck is amazing, so dynamic and great at both ends of the ice. After getting traded to Plymouth he has 47 points (21 goals) in 22 games. Flying under the radar for sure.

Remember watching him before his draft year, and I was so impressed. I hope the Panthers would draft him, and they did. I was shocked that he went that "late". Really hyped him for my fellow Panthers fans, and he has certainly not been anything else than amazing. Maybe the best player in the OHL this year.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
He's a very good all-round prospect. I could see him being a Bolland-like 3rd line centre in the NHL. Quality defense, and above-average offense from a "third" liner. Not saying he doesn't have the capability to be a 2nd line centre, but that'd be the best situation for him IMO.

He was alot of fun to watch in Saginaw last year. Keeps getting better.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Howden-Matthias-Versteeg
Kopecky-Goc-Skille

Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Grimaldi
Fleishmann-Shore-Mueller
Howden-Trocheck-Versteeg
Kopecky-Knight-Rau

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Howden-Matthias-Versteeg
Kopecky-Goc-Skille

Sure if all prospects develop as planned but they hardly ever do, look at Edmonton they ahve been the next big thing for how long?

It takes alot to be a sick group at the NHL level.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

CoolburnIsGone

Panthers are lucky they got Trocheck so late in the draft because he was a steal.
Now I actually wonder what was the reason he wasn't rated higher in that draft. Was it because of his size? Or a question about his offensive upside? Or maybe both?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad