C Victor Rask (2011, 42nd, CAR)

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Victor Rask

He looks like a Lock as a 1st round pick to me.

He's a big guy with great puck skills. Also has good vision and can score goals.

I would like to know what you think of him and where he should get drafted? between 10-15 maybe ?

Thanks

Last edited:

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Doubt he will go top 10 as it looks right now. I don't know how much ice time he gets with Leksand, but I can imagine he's getting 3rd line minutes. He'll probably somewhere between 11-20 unless his situation changes.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Doubt he will go top 10 as it looks right now. I don't know how much ice time he gets with Leksand, but I can imagine he's getting 3rd line minutes. He'll probably somewhere between 11-20 unless his situation changes.
It seems like he's getting big minutes, as he's 5th on his team in number of faceoffs.
I found the stats here.
It's a great website :)sarcasm:) and doesn't allow me to direct link it, but it's found under HockeyAllsvenskan > Players by Team > Leksands IF.

He just had 4 points in the first game of the U18 tournament vs. Switzerland (1+3) and generally seems to do well in international tournaments.
Any chance he plays in the World Juniors?

I'd be interested in hearing from someone who follows Leksand, because if he's having a difficult time playing against men in Allsvenskan and it's not just a matter of little playing time, it is a bit concerning.
European prospects are so hard to gauge sometimes.

Last edited:

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I've only seen a little bit of him playing, and I thought he didn't look out of place at Allsvenskan level. He played well defensively but isn't expected to be one of the major contributors offensively this year. In my opinion, he looks like a "safe" pick right now - one who won't score enough points to go top 15, but is likely to get picked at the end of the first round. Think Patrik Berglund (25th in 2006) or Mikael Backlund (24th in 2007).

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
It seems like he's getting big minutes, as he's 5th on his team in number of faceoffs.
I found the stats here.
It's a great website :)sarcasm:) and doesn't allow me to direct link it, but it's found under HockeyAllsvenskan > Players by Team > Leksands IF.

Wouldn't that mean there are likely 4 centers getting more ice time than him?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
What they're listed as are rarely accurate.
I figured, but he's still getting decent time it looks like, as his average number of draws taken/game is ~8, which would probably be like 2nd or 3rd line?
He's definitely getting 1st line minutes in the U18 tournament, and is 4th in faceoffs, 2nd only to Rocco Grimaldi if you're looking at #1 C's (both with 46 through 2 games, Rask is at 63% and Grimaldi is at 70%).

Edit: Well, he's on the 4th line after looking at the stat site I referenced before.
He centers Jon Knuts and Henrik Andersen.

It'd be interesting to hear more on this kid though, as he tore up SuperElit.
Obviously, he won't do much on the 4th line in the Allsvenskan though.
Why are some so negative when it comes to him?
Does he really look like he has trouble playing against older players?
Will he ever get a shot at the Elitserien, even though Leksands is not part of it?
His SuperElit numbers are similar to Nicklas Backstrom's, but obviously he cant play in the Elitserien like he did.

Extremly overrated.
4-6 rounder.
Not sure if you're serious, but I couldn't see him falling that far at all..

Last edited:

Hawkster58

Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Visit site
Extremly overrated.
4-6 rounder.
I.S.S. has him at #5 overall, so I doubt he drops that much, possible but unlikely given his performances against his own age group, he seems to still be adjusting to playing with men. But we've seen this before.

He has the size and skill to be a first rounder for sure, after the top three this draft is wide open. I would think between 5-15 somewhere at this point.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I.S.S. has him at #5 overall, so I doubt he drops that much, possible but unlikely given his performances against his own age group, he seems to still be adjusting to playing with men. But we've seen this before.

He has the size and skill to be a first rounder for sure, after the top three this draft is wide open. I would think between 5-15 somewhere at this point.
I get that feeling too.
What he did last year can't just be thrown out, even if he is having trouble adjusting or something.
He looks good against his age group, so obviously the skill is there.

He did well again today against the USA (1+2, all on the PP) and he's now tied for the scoring lead in the tournament.
Anyone have any videos of him or more information?
The Internet is basically devoid on any analysis of him..

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
Victor Rask

Hey can any swedish posters tell me a scouting report of this guy?

As a leaf fan if we could somehow pick top 15 in this draft, i think he is a realistic choice. does he have top line potential? and anyone knows where he projects to go in the draft?

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
I am no expert on Rask but I have seen him a few times this year. He got some serious skill, got a great shot and could turn out to be a firstliner in NHL, but needs to work a bit on his skating. As far as I can tell his game has improved over the season. His production perhaps don´t look so impressive but you got to realize that it´s not common at all for 17-year olds to produce well in SEL-2. Rask have 6 points so far, as a comparision Patrik Berglund and Mikael Backlund both had 4 points as a 17-year olds in that league.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He's more like 3rd or 4th rounder material. Most Swedish posters will tell you he's played without any passion or intensity all year.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
He's more like 3rd or 4th rounder material. Most Swedish posters will tell you he's played without any passion or intensity all year.

3rd-4th round? He's having a decent season in Allsvenskan. 2nd round maybe even 1st if he has a good U 18 WJC. He's big, with soft hands and good speed.

bananaz

Oct 26, 2006
Canada
i have watched him play a few times (not recently). i think a team will be getting a huge steal if he is taken out of the 1st round. i remember in sept we was being touted as a top 10 pick.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
3rd-4th round? He's having a decent season in Allsvenskan. 2nd round maybe even 1st if he has a good U 18 WJC. He's big, with soft hands and good speed.

he was complete garbage at the recent U-18 tournament, definitely the biggest disappointing there, was not able to do anything right on ice

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
U18 WJC will determine his faith. Late first if he picks it up otherwise second rounder.

He had a great year last season and was fairly rated in the top ten. This season he hasn't progressed as anticipated thus swedish posters are not that high on him.

The slide on most scouting services ranks has been steady and slow, to slow in my mind.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
U18 WJC will determine his faith. Late first if he picks it up otherwise second rounder.

He had a great year last season and was fairly rated in the top ten. This season he hasn't progressed as anticipated thus swedish posters are not that high on him.

The slide on most scouting services ranks has been steady and slow, to slow in my mind.

So what do you think the issue with him? Is he a guy that will rebound or be an Angelo Esposito type that never lives up to his pre draft ranking?

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
So what do you think the issue with him? Is he a guy that will rebound or be an Angelo Esposito type that never lives up to his pre draft ranking?

I dont have that much insight in Rasks issues, but he seems to be a little full of himself. His ice time has decreased this year and he has blamed his club for it in public. Didnt go well with the club or its fans. Maybe he was a little to good to early for his own good. Ice time isnt given to him, he has to earn it no matter the talent he has. Guess he has to learn that. When it gets tough he has to get tougher.

But again, i really dont know for sure about all the facts about his situation. I do know that it seems to run in the family though. His sister who also plays hockey, at the highest level for the ladies, ended up leaving her team mid-season some year ago after some issues that seemed to turn the team against her (and another team mate). She just like Victor is a young and promising player.

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
I dont have that much insight in Rasks issues, but he seems to be a little full of himself. His ice time has decreased this year and he has blamed his club for it in public. Didnt go well with the club or its fans. Maybe he was a little to good to early for his own good. Ice time isnt given to him, he has to earn it no matter the talent he has. Guess he has to learn that. When it gets tough he has to get tougher.

But again, i really dont know for sure about all the facts about his situation. I do know that it seems to run in the family though. His sister who also plays hockey, at the highest level for the ladies, ended up leaving her team mid-season some year ago after some issues that seemed to turn the team against her (and another team mate). She just like Victor is a young and promising player.

His mother called the (GM?) (Sportchef) complaining on his time on the ice. Didn't realy increase his value :shakehead. I laughed at the thought that a soon to be NHL players mother would call a GM and complain about her sons time on Ice... made me also belive that this kid needs alot of development before he even could be considered going to NA. And I hardly belive that a team would pick a player with good potential but bad attitude in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad