C Tyson Foerster - Barrie Colts, OHL (2020, 23rd, PHI)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
14th in my ranking. Probably higher than it will be selected but i have seen worse players being selected top 20.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He's probably going to be a RW in the NHL but I love his shot, Hockey IQ and puck skills. If he keeps improving his skating he has a good shot of being an impact mid 6 type player imo, maybe legit 2nd liner. Unknown of exactly where the Avs will pick but most likely late 20s and I'd be happy if he was the pick. Will be curious where HP will have him as they didn't have Foerster in the top 31 last list but had Brisson at 17 who isn't as skilled and at best an equal skater.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He’d be an amazing pick at 39. I doubt he’s still there though.
I might call it a little less than a fifty-fifty chance. Regardless, that’s an awesome place to be picking this year, and particularly fun for a fan. You’re guaranteed to have a large range of really, really interesting prospects to choose from.

Guys I’ve seen in that range on recent lists include O’Rourke, Bordeleau, Perreault, Niederbach, Brisson, Peterka, Foudy, Cormier, Hirvonen, Ponomarev, Neighbours, and of course Foerster. That’s a wide range of play styles with guys with ceilings and floors that normally go 20-25, in my opinion.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I might call it a little less than a fifty-fifty chance. Regardless, that’s an awesome place to be picking this year, and particularly fun for a fan. You’re guaranteed to have a large range of really, really interesting prospects to choose from.

Guys I’ve seen in that range on recent lists include O’Rourke, Bordeleau, Perreault, Niederbach, Brisson, Peterka, Foudy, Cormier, Hirvonen, Ponomarev, Neighbours, and of course Foerster. That’s a wide range of play styles with guys with ceilings and floors that normally go 20-25, in my opinion.
Yeah, what's up with Perreault being ranked in that range now? It seems like he's been dropped out of the 1st round by multiple outlets this past month despite no hockey being played.

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Yeah, what's up with Perreault being ranked in that range now? It seems like he's been dropped out of the 1st round by multiple outlets this past month despite no hockey being played.
Honestly, he’s been in and out of most lists for pretty much the entire season. It’s pretty crazy to me, because his pure shooting ability is among the absolute best in the draft, if not the best, but he has a really well-rounded game and strong ability to drive the play as well, which are areas that have undercut the draft stock of “pure shooter” guys like Kaliyev.

This is probably the first discussion he’s had in a month, and it’s not even in his thread. Every time I’ve watched him over the last two years, I’ve thought he’s a guaranteed top-15 pick. Somehow, he just gets forgotten. Something to do with playing in Sarnia, maybe? It’s not like they’re off in the boonies, though.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

McGilliScout

Apr 12, 2020
I agree that Perreault falling out of the first is absolutely asinine IMO. But better minds than mine have him dropped out of the first so maybe they're seeing something I'm missing.

I'm not as high on Foerester though. He's a second round pick for me, I just doubt his ability to find the open spaces required to pull off that absurd shot of his at the next level. I'd like to see an improvement of his movement and positioning when he's off the puck.

The upside is definitely there. That's a shot that could score 30 goals in the NHL, absolutely. But the rest of his game.. I can't say I see it translating to the pro level without improvements. That leads me to believe that his draft position will strongly depend on how well his interviews go and if he and the team in question have a mutual understanding on where he needs to improve. And if that's the case then I could see a team liking what they see and taking him in the first.

Reactions: Dominance

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can see Perrault being a fine pick in the mid 20's, if not sooner. He, Quinn, Laffy all have really nice shots, and Perrault has speed, too. Maybe scouts wanted to see more production ?:huh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's probably going to be a RW in the NHL but I love his shot, Hockey IQ and puck skills. If he keeps improving his skating he has a good shot of being an impact mid 6 type player imo, maybe legit 2nd liner. Unknown of exactly where the Avs will pick but most likely late 20s and I'd be happy if he was the pick. Will be curious where HP will have him as they didn't have Foerster in the top 31 last list but had Brisson at 17 who isn't as skilled and at best an equal skater.

Everything you said was agreeable until you got to the Brisson part. You need to go back and watch Brisson play, if that’s what you’ve gathered about his game.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Our look at Foerster

Tyson Foerster, a third-round (55th overall) pick in the 2018 OHL Draft put himself on the map for the 2020 NHL Draft with a big draft season. The Alliston, Ontario native scored 36 goals and 44 assists for 80 points in 62 games for the Barrie Colts. Foerster’s 18 power-play goals led the OHL. It was also a big jump from his rookie season when he put up 10 goals and 23 points in 64 games. Foerster also made a huge statement at the CHL Top Prospects Game. Playing with and against other star draft-eligible players, Foerster scored two goals and an assist leading Team White to victory. Foerster took home the game’s MVP award as well.

Foerster took 3.62 shots on goal per game this season and overall his 225 shots finished 17th in the OHL. To put that in perspective, Aidan Brown, who finished second on the Colts had just 129 shots on goal.

In 2017-18 Foerster played for Team OHA Black, scoring two goals in four tournament games and helping his team to third place at the 2018 OHL Gold Cup. He also scored five goals and nine points in five games for Barrie Colts Minor Midget at the OHL Cup.

Here's the full report
Tyson Foerster Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #36

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018

Foerster has one of the best shots in the draft and is deadly on the PP. Overall game is decent and skating seemed to improve throughout the year. Could be a dark horse for top 20 and shouldn't fall out of the 1st round.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
I haven't watched him yet, but what I'm hearing about his skating is scary. That his stride can't be fixed and just won't work at the NHL level. I read here that his skating has improved? Would like more opinions.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
If a guy with that shot, good size, good hockey IQ, good passing, solid defensively, plays physical (I assume?) does not go in the first round I would be extremely surprised.

This seems like a smart and safe pick but at the same time some high potential there as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad