C Tuomas Suoniemi - Kiekko-Espoo, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was born in Norway. Does he have Norwegian parents? Did his father play pro hockey in Norway? Is there another reason?

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
This kid very quietly has 93 points this season... Jointly 1st in ALL TIME points, top 10 ALL TIME in goals in the U16.

Where is the hype?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's a u-16 player playing in u-16 league. Usually top prospects play u-18 league at that age. Also, most of those points were in Q, where his team was by far the strongest in the division, scoring 8 goals per game with +135 goal differential.

National team player, overall good player and might get drafted, but I'm not sure how much hype you're looking for?

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
This kid very quietly has 93 points this season... Jointly 1st in ALL TIME points, top 10 ALL TIME in goals in the U16.

Where is the hype?
Don't get me wrong, looks like a solid prospect, but all time totals dont matter much in u16s since players who score 3.2 p/gp generally get promoted to u18s before they reach those numbers. That just makes me wonder what was the reason they kept him in u16s for so long, instead of promoting him with Emil Hemming who was scoring 4 p/gp in the same team

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
120 pts in 38 games... they couldn't put this kid at a higher level? LOL

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His speed really stood out to me. Thought he was one of the top five Finnish forwards at the WHC17. Looks like a player who will get drafted in 2024.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Is he a potential blue chip prospect or just a flash in the pan?
I mean his very talented player. Really good hands and playmaking and passing skills his the number 1 guy you want running your powerplay. Not utmost elite top speed and he is on the bit smaller size. Versatile offensive threat maybe longterm he could become something similiar to Matias Maccelli. I have him 2nd to 3rd round talent but great start lets see.

thefinnishhockeyscout profile from year or so ago

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Where would you rank him ? Is he first round material in your opinion ?
No. Second to fourth round. My guess? Third.

I mean, he had a great Hlinka but his last season is far from impressive. Also, I don't think it would've been bad for his draft status to play one year in the WHL or another junior league in the NA.
I mean Mestis and u-20SM will not impress that many out there. If he tears up Mestis? Who knows...
This reminds me a bit of Tuomaala. Should've moved over seas one year or another if Liiga was never going to be an option.

Well, he's young and let's hope for the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: CapSpace

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Where would you rank him ? Is he first round material in your opinion ?

I'm bad at guessing where people will be drafted. That's why I said it's going to be interesting to see how the professionals rank him from now on. I don't think first round is out of question but I don't want to overhype based on one tournament. Like Svedu said, his last season wasn't impressive. However, young players can take big leaps in development in a short period of time. We'll know more once the season starts for him. If I had to rank him at this point I would put him somewhere in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svedu and bopeep

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Currently he'd be around the 4th round, probably. But it's impossible to know without seeing how he performs in club play this season.

In the long run, a Hlinka performance won't matter a whole lot, but he still did far better than some supposedly big names like Pulkkanen, Saarelainen, Vesterinen, or Sinivuori.

Nevertheless, I doubt it'll be much of a factor and he'll be drafted according to the season he has. If he gets many games in Mestis and gets close to a point per game, then even a first-round pick might be possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad