C Tristen Robins - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2020, 56th, SJS)

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Another game, another three points for Robins. Regular as clockwork, all this kid does is produce points. Up to 11 points in the first four games of his WHL season.
Interesting that SJ sent him back to junior instead of to the AHL. Guess they’re being careful with him.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
@Whileee He turns 20 this fall so he is eligible. Hearing from Sharks fans saying they’ve done it before with some of their prospects, plus not a lot of room on the AHL team, it does make sense, especially given that last season wasn’t the full year of development that it would normally have been pre-pandemic.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
@Whileee He turns 20 this fall so he is eligible. Hearing from Sharks fans saying they’ve done it before with some of their prospects, plus not a lot of room on the AHL team, it does make sense, especially given that last season wasn’t the full year of development that it would normally have been pre-pandemic.
The sharks really like guys to dominate the CHL before they play AHL, which makes sense given our AHL team is pretty awful at development and is pretty bad usally.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Is it that unusual for a prospect to spend his D+1 and D+2 seasons in juniors?

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is it that unusual for a prospect to send his D+1 and D+2 seasons in juniors?

It's not. He isn't 20 yet and hasn't played 4 season in the CHL so he wasn't eligible to play in the AHL either.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
It's not. He isn't 20 yet and hasn't played 4 season in the CHL so he wasn't eligible to play in the AHL either.
Wrong. He’s a fall birthday so he is AHL eligible by virtue of being 20 years before end of this calendar year.

It is unusual for a 2nd round pick to not play in the AHL when first eligible but again, I think it makes sense for certain players like Robins to do that since last year was hardly a full development year.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I read a rumour (no clue how true it was) that Lambert could come to Saskatoon. If that were the case, how many points would the duo rack up if they get deployed together?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
This was a golden pick by SJ. I could never get my head around why he was so under the radar when the last half of his draft season was on par with Seth Jarvis. I even went and watched some games to see if there were major red flags in his play. I didnt see any. Even grew a bunch by the draft. Whether there are character or off ice concerns only scouts would know, but his on-ice product is spectacular.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
This was a golden pick by SJ. I could never get my head around why he was so under the radar when the last half of his draft season was on par with Seth Jarvis. I even went and watched some games to see if there were major red flags in his play. I didnt see any. Even grew a bunch by the draft. Whether there are character or off ice concerns only scouts would know, but his on-ice product is spectacular.
He’s small. Teams love to write off the small guys

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I really liked the Grieg pick at the time, but I would have been thrilled with Robins at 28th, or 33rd, or 44th. Our guys have all progressed well but Robins has shown that the hype was deserved, and then some.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
San Jose's 2020 draft has looked very good. It's a shame it could've been capped off with Stutzle.
Bordeleau: reigning NCAA rookie of the year
Robins: WHL points leader
Guschin: 9 goals in 11 OHL games
Coe: 21 points in 14 OHL games
Raska: almost made the Sharks out of training camp

Aug 25, 2009
éal
San Jose's 2020 draft has looked very good. It's a shame it could've been capped off with Stutzle.
Bordeleau: reigning NCAA rookie of the year
Robins: WHL points leader
Guschin: 9 goals in 11 OHL games
Coe: 21 points in 14 OHL games
Raska: almost made the Sharks out of training camp
Ozzy Wiesblatt could make it as well

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad