C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
He should play at least 15-20 games in the AHL first to adjust like he did in college. If he excels and the main club overperforms he could be a good boost for the club. If we are bottom feeders there’s no point in bringing him up other than to give him his max 7 game trial at the end of the season where he can get a lot of minutes after we trade away some vets.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
And if he's up, the Ducks might prefer he play against one of the bottom teams rather than Avs/Blues/Knights who should be the top 3 teams in the division.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Seems very strange. Anaheim tanking?
Don't worry we won't be winning the 2021 draft lottery. If there is one team the NHL doesn't want getting its 1st #1 overall pick in franchise history its the Ducks.
Highest Anaheim has ever picked is #2 in 2005 with Bobby Ryan.

Oct 18, 2011
Not gonna lie, watching the first game and seeing Getzlaf dish passes to grinders who can't finish plays made me wish Zegras was with him tonight

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Don't worry we won't be winning the 2021 draft lottery. If there is one team the NHL doesn't want getting its 1st #1 overall pick in franchise history its the Ducks.
Unlike Edmonton who everyone knows is one of the teams the NHL finds critical for their success....

/s

edit - spelling error

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

TSJS2020

Jan 6, 2021
Unlike Edmonton who everyone knows is one of the trams the NHL finds critical for their success....

/s

One area Zegras needs to improve is his skating and strength. A year in the AHL should really help him. He might of been good in the WJC, but his arsenal is not at the same level as even 18 year olds like Stuetzle or Lafreniere walking into the NHL this year. Lots of points within the confines of his team but he was not an individual wrecking ball in his power or getting around with or without the puck at the WJC

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto

are you seriously suggesting that there is a long-term NHL front office conspiracy to prevent the Ducks from drafting 1st overall...? You alright over there?

Reactions: The Sweetness

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
are you seriously suggesting that there is a long-term NHL front office conspiracy to prevent the Ducks from drafting 1st overall...? You alright over there?

It’s kind of a meme. The Ducks have been in the league for almost 30 years. Never hosted a draft, never hosted an all star game, never won a lottery.

I don’t think anyone actually thinks that the league is trying to keep the Ducks down. And if they do then... idk what to say.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It’s kind of a meme. The Ducks have been in the league for almost 30 years. Never hosted a draft, never hosted an all star game, never won a lottery.

I don’t think anyone actually thinks that the league is trying to keep the Ducks down. And if they do then... idk what to say.
Its ok at least we have Anaheim Wondercon and Blizzcon conventions here. Wondercon being the 2nd biggest convention after San Diego Comic Con.
Blizzcon being the annual convention for Blizzard/Activision games such as Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Diablo, Star Craft etc.

Reactions: VoidCreature

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

Maybe you should look at your fan base.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras is a great skater obviously he's not explosive like mcdavid or Mac but people always mention his skating for some reason...

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Zegras is a great skater obviously he's not explosive like mcdavid or Mac but people always mention his skating for some reason...
I feel like people talk about it being "poor" because they have nothing else to pick on for him. It was the same thing about his shot in his draft year. Personally I always found the criticism of his shot in his draft year overblown. You saw he had the proper mechanics for a good shot, just had to tune it up which appears like he has.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

I feel like people talk about it being "poor" because they have nothing else to pick on for him. It was the same thing about his shot in his draft year. Personally I always found the criticism of his shot in his draft year overblown. You saw he had the proper mechanics for a good shot, just had to tune it up which appears like he has.

I think it was more a result of his playstyle. He likes to slow the play down, which some people viewed as being a poor skater. That style of play doesn't always translate to the NHL, but players with his hockey IQ tend to have the same ability. (Draisaitl's a good comparison in that regard)

Reactions: JiggsNY

TSJS2020

Jan 6, 2021
I think it was more a result of his playstyle. He likes to slow the play down, which some people viewed as being a poor skater. That style of play doesn't always translate to the NHL, but players with his hockey IQ tend to have the same ability. (Draisaitl's a good comparison in that regard)

If Leon wasn’t as big and strong as he is, he would not be the same player.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
If Leon wasn’t as big and strong as he is, he would not be the same player.

I was just talking about the way they both slow the play down with their IQ and vision to better utilize teammates. Draisaitl holds onto the puck for a lot longer using his size to shield the puck, Zegras will never be able to do that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I was just talking about the way they both slow the play down with their IQ and vision to better utilize teammates. Draisaitl holds onto the puck for a lot longer using his size to shield the puck, Zegras will never be able to do that.
Same way we have been comparing him with Getzlaf, who similar like Draisaitl, uses his body very effectively to slow the game down. It's very true that Z will have to figure this thing out, plus keep building muscle, but he will never be Getzlaf or Draisaitl size-wise.

WRC

Dec 15, 2019
Its ok at least we have Anaheim Wondercon and Blizzcon conventions here. Wondercon being the 2nd biggest convention after San Diego Comic Con.
Blizzcon being the annual convention for Blizzard/Activision games such as Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Diablo, Star Craft etc.

I am happy and proud to say that I have absolutely no idea what any of this means.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We have more blizzards in a week than you guys get in 1000 years. Great White North!

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

It’s been 35 years since the Wings did any of those things.

Reactions: NotLeddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad