C Trent Frederic (2016, 29th, BOS)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Boston... why do you keep making such weird picks?

I had him 81 on my list - not that my list actually means anything, but a little early for Frederic, I'd say.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
15 picks lower than where its suppose to be. Gretzky loves his off the board picks

Stawks

Hockey Bird
Nov 27, 2007
Ottawa
Trent Frederic is of those classic late first round names that never amount to anything. Like Philippe Paradis or Zach Phillips.

Just one of those names that screams nobody. Trent Frederic. More like Bent Mehderic.

Listen, I'm not a scientist. But this is a wasted pick.

Reactions: bearcountry17

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Steve Begin 2.0.

If he can't skate he will struggle to even find success in NCAA or AHL.

We waited four hours for this pick.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Sweeney makes some silly selections. You could trade back, pick up an asset, and still pick this kid late in the 2nd or 3rd. Makes no sense.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
While a bit of a stretch I don't think this pick is as bad as last year. Last year they basically had Barzal and Connor sitting on a silver platter for themselves and passed on both. At 29 it wasn't really a case yeah they should have picked "player X"

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Sweeney makes some silly selections. You could trade back, pick up an asset, and still pick this kid late in the 2nd or 3rd. Makes no sense.

What teams have you contacted that were wanting to trade picks with and give us assets. Please provide your insider information and perhaps HF can even give you your own verified tag

ZINFINITY16

Dec 29, 2013
Ontario
I don't mind picking a guy early and taking a risk but i legitemately don't get it... Like I don't understand why you could look at Frederik and think he could be a better player than Girard or Abramov or Clague or Benson??

Whatever, I thought lasy year was just an outlier for Sweeney but maybe he just isn't a very good GM w the draft haha

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I don't mind picking a guy early and taking a risk but i legitemately don't get it... Like I don't understand why you could look at Frederik and think he could be a better player than Girard or Abramov or Clague or Benson??

Whatever, I thought lasy year was just an outlier for Sweeney but maybe he just isn't a very good GM w the draft haha

Its not directly sweeney. This is on Gretzky

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Not happy with the pick, but I'm pretty sure he has a future in the NHL. A bottom 6 player.

Im sure they could have got him with #49.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
While a bit of a stretch I don't think this pick is as bad as last year. Last year they basically had Barzal and Connor sitting on a silver platter for themselves and passed on both. At 29 it wasn't really a case yeah they should have picked "player X"

Of course that's not as bad as last year, but it's still the same "concept" of taking player ranked lower because they have lower upside. Going with low upisde pick doesn't give you "steal" like Krejci, Bergeron, Subban, Keith, etc. It can give you steal like Shaw, but from time to time it's fun to swing for a Subban type, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad