C Tim Fleischer - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2019 Draft)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A German-born centre that is someone to potentially watch out for next year's draft. He has average height for the NHL being at 184 cm (6'0"), but still needs to stock up his light weight if he wants to make it further at 70 kg (154 lbs). However, what he lacks in frame he makes up for it in talent as he's one of the smartest players recently selected in the 2018 import drafted. He plays hard in all three zones, is superb defencively, and is a wonderful playemaker due to his vision and hockey sense. In this sense after watching a handful of his games he reminds me of a Derek Stepan/Anthony Beauvillier type of player - perhaps could be a bit more talented due to his smarts.

He just committed to the Hamilton Bulldogs, so it will be interesting in how well he cope's with the physicality because the talent is definitely there to be considered a top 62 player.

Tim Fleischer at eliteprospects.com

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Cool, will watch some games next week
Sure the Bulldogs will be losing some talent, but I think it will be interesting in how well he does consider how deep that team is. Like, is going to play bottom minutes due to how deep they are or will players like Thomas and Saigeon play in the AHL leaving an open spot for Tim? Could be a really intriguing situation at training camp for them. If I was going predict, one of Thomas/Saigeon will be back leaving the 2nd line centre open for anybody's to take.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Sure the Bulldogs will be losing some talent, but I think it will be interesting in how well he does consider how deep that team is. Like, is going to play bottom minutes due to how deep they are or will players like Thomas and Saigeon play in the AHL leaving an open spot for Tim? Could be a really intriguing situation at training camp for them. If I was going predict, one of Thomas/Saigeon will be back leaving the 2nd line centre open for anybody's to take.
I agree, Saigeon or Thomas could be back. Especially with the Blues adding dept to center with Bozak and O'Reilly (who could also play wing). Fleischer will get a spot on Hamilton's rosters. There's no doubt in my mind. For Robert Thomas, he is only eligible for OHL or NHL. He isn't eligible for AHL until the 2019-20 season because of age.

After the build for Hamilton's successful run last season and having to rebuild now, they'll most likely be trading assets for draft picks and prospects. This opens up opportunities for Fleischer. Of last year's forwards, Bitten, Caamano, Moore, and Studenic will most likely move on to the AHL (Moore is definitely gone). As you pointed out, Saigeon and Thomas are question marks. If either return, Thomas would most likely be traded. Saigeon I could picture being traded, or being kept for the #1 center position and for his leadership.

Entwistle and Strome are two other forwards I think could be traded in the rebuild. However, I think the Bulldogs will still keep some of their quality players to help with the development of other players, and to keep the team competitive.

If neither Thomas or Saigeon are with Hamilton at the start of the season, I'd expect Entwistle to be the #1 C. This let's Fleischer adapt to the North American ice, and the Bulldogs' system on lines 2 or 3, and then go from there based on his development and chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad