C Tag Bertuzzi - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2019 undrafted)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
The son of Todd, Tag Bertuzzi has notched 11 points in the OHL with Guelph this year and should have a good draft year as he started to pick it up near the end of the year.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Didn't hear very much of him this year. Seems to have had a pretty bad rookie season (stats-wise).

Can anyone that watched him play a bunch comment?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Didn't hear very much of him this year. Seems to have had a pretty bad rookie season (stats-wise).

Can anyone that watched him play a bunch comment?
He did have a bad year, when I watched him he wasn’t getting much ice time at all, and when he was out there he looked uninspired and slow. Near the end he picked it up with a slightly increased role and scored some points, but he was quite bad for the first half.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Just thought I'd pop in here and say I agree with what everyone is stating above, however he seems to be a new-found player this year. Last year he battled through a couple injuries and this year he looks like a workhorse. I think he's going to be a steal if his stock doesn't sky-rocket. He'll be a battler and drafted for sure.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Just thought I'd pop in here and say I agree with what everyone is stating above, however he seems to be a new-found player this year. Last year he battled through a couple injuries and this year he looks like a workhorse. I think he's going to be a steal if his stock doesn't sky-rocket. He'll be a battler and drafted for sure.

Not sure I agree with this assessment. Last year he was battling injuries and concussion. He was relegated to 4th line minutes.

This season (albeit a small sample size) he has has top 6 minutes and has failed to register a point in 4 games, a couple of turnovers that were cringeworthy, and parking him in front of the net for the PP resulted in him blocking a teammates shot last game...

Don't think he'll become a Todd or a Tyler.

Reactions: Critical91

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Not sure I agree with this assessment. Last year he was battling injuries and concussion. He was relegated to 4th line minutes.

This season (albeit a small sample size) he has has top 6 minutes and has failed to register a point in 4 games, a couple of turnovers that were cringeworthy, and parking him in front of the net for the PP resulted in him blocking a teammates shot last game...

Don't think he'll become a Todd or a Tyler.

You have to take into consideration that this is junior hockey, progress is progress all together. Your points consideration is really invalid considering this is Tyler's spread and with arguably a far better team as well.

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 2.04.51 PM.png

Tag is on the tracks to success it only takes so long before you start tearing it up.

If you keep focusing on mistakes, it's all you'll see.

Reactions: Howard35

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

His goalscoring ability seems to have increased over the offseason. Not off to the hottest start, but the goals are there.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I'd be surprised if a team didn't take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th round. It's a crapshoot anyway.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm going to guess he gets drafted late by either Vancouver, Detroit or some team we don't expect. I do think he does better in the OHL the next two seasons after this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad