C - Shawn Carrier - Mauricie Estacades M15 AAA (2025 Draft)

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Does anyone have any scouting on Carrier? He came close to passing Lafreniere in PPG for an underage player. Most people talk mostly about Zachary Morin and Phillippe Veilleux but Carrier seems to be of interest as well. It's quite close in stats between him and Laf.

Lafreniere - 26GP 35G 34A 69P
Carrier - 24GP 31G 32A 63P

Reactions: Dominance

PremiumProspects

Jun 14, 2022
Saw a couple of games this year and the kid is a gamer. The more the pressure, the better he plays, he works hard every shift and has a lot of grit. He played a huge role when they won the Coupe Dodge (saw a couple of games there too), always bringing his play to another level and controlling almost every games (specially when they played Caleb Desnoyers, another very good prospect and won 6-0). Elite skating and hockey IQ, decent size for his age (5'8'' 150lbs), Elite puck control, but has to improve his shot a bit, specially while in movement. He's very effective on the rush. If I had to compare him (which I hate to do, but let's do it anyway), I would say his STYLE (I'm not saying he's gonna be has good has him) is similiar to Nathan MacKinnon. Overall he's a complete player.

P.S. Veilleux is a really good hockey player, don't get me wrong, but he's a bit overrated in my opinion.

Hope it helped you a bit!

Reactions: austin63867

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Does anyone have any scouting on Carrier? He came close to passing Lafreniere in PPG for an underage player. Most people talk mostly about Zachary Morin and Phillippe Veilleux but Carrier seems to be of interest as well. It's quite close in stats between him and Laf.

Lafreniere - 26GP 35G 34A 69P
Carrier - 24GP 31G 32A 63P

Most people would say that Carrier and Lecompte are the two best 2007 players in Quebec at this point, ahead of Morin and Veilleux.

He's a real gamer, competes hard, plays a very complete game and has the drive and IQ to be a difference maker. He has a lot of everything, for him a lot is goint to be about physical growth and improvements in skating (which is good already).

At the Bantam level, he's obviously elite in every category. Really like him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Most people would say that Carrier and Lecompte are the two best 2007 players in Quebec at this point, ahead of Morin and Veilleux.

He's a real gamer, competes hard, plays a very complete game and has the drive and IQ to be a difference maker. He has a lot of everything, for him a lot is goint to be about physical growth and improvements in skating (which is good already).

At the Bantam level, he's obviously elite in every category. Really like him.
Amyot has to be up there as well no?

Rozzi looks promising as an ‘08 - his bantam stats are as good as most of the best ‘07’s.

Interesting to see how Morin progresses compared to these other top guys who have a lot of physical maturing left to do. On one hand, Morin already has a man’s size which may give him that advantage right now of just being bigger and stronger. OTOH it’s quite obvious he has a pro-style frame to grow into - whereas we will have to wait and see with some of the others.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Quebec ‘07/‘08 crops are considered very strong? I feel like the ‘06’s about to get drafted are not generating nearly as much hubbub.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Amyot has to be up there as well no?

Rozzi looks promising as an ‘08 - his bantam stats are as good as most of the best ‘07’s.

Interesting to see how Morin progresses compared to these other top guys who have a lot of physical maturing left to do. On one hand, Morin already has a man’s size which may give him that advantage right now of just being bigger and stronger. OTOH it’s quite obvious he has a pro-style frame to grow into - whereas we will have to wait and see with some of the others.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Quebec ‘07/‘08 crops are considered very strong? I feel like the ‘06’s about to get drafted are not generating nearly as much hubbub.

I would say that the 06 crop is pretty weak. It's early for the 08s but it has looked maybe even weaker to me.

07 should be a very strong year however. The maritimes also have a couple strong prospects. Morin certainly has an elite package, I actually expected him to dominate U18 as an underager but that did not happen. Can't wait to see how he develops, he has pro tools already.

Amyot is very good as well, I do think it's too early to talk about him as a pro prospect however (would not be surprised if he becomes one).

Rozzi is a very high IQ forward, but so was his brother (who produced as much as an underager) and that hasn't panned out as well as I would have thought. I still really like Rozzi and have him as a top 3 08 in Quebec for sure at this point.

Reactions: BKarchitect

PremiumProspects

Jun 14, 2022
07' is very strong indeed. Carrier, Desnoyers, Bélanger, Lecompte, Morin, Veilleux, Guité, Amyot, Xavier Villeneuve, etc. Speaking of Villeneuve, I think he is a very underrated defensemen with Elite skating and mobility, sees the game so well and has elite IQ. Only downside is his size, he did not have his growth spurt yet and still looks like a 12 years old, but it will come and when it'll happen, he'll become even more dominant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad