C Shaeffer Gordon-Carroll - Chicago Mission 15U, 15U AAA (2027 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
One of the best players for the victorious USA team at the YOG. Already 6'0, a late birthday making him 2027 Draft-eligible, very good skater, and has a high level motor. He has some skill. He could benefit from slowing the game down a little more. He's probably a lock or close to it for the NTDP next season.

He's from Salt Lake City, Utah. Given circumstances in the NHL, hockey in Utah will probably start becoming a bigger topic soon. Only current NHL'er born in Utah is Trevor Lewis.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Surprisingly didn't make the NTDP. Where does he go now? I suspect he's likely tendered by a USHL team or potentially goes WHL.

Medicine Hat drafted him first round in the US Draft last year, so that could be a real coup for them.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I don't pretend to know all the kids in the age group, but Gordon Carroll was one of the better ones I saw. I'm also surprised he didn't make the team.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I thought he'd make it but I'm not exactly shocked, either. The NTDP usually loves guys with his skating and motor, and he's got good size despite being young. But he looked pretty and his skill didn't exactly stand out. But he has the frame and feet to be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad