C Semyon Der-Arguchintsev - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 76th, TOR)

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
He's slotted in for tomorrow's pre-season game against the Senators. Will be interesting to see if he can handle the physicality with guys like Boro in the lineup.

Reactions: LeafChief

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Yes, Bracco has accomplished more. He was drafted three years earlier. Scott Thornton and Rob Pearson accomplished more than even Bracco!

They also have a U-18 WJC gold, a world junior championship gold, a memorial cup, and a calder cup all by the age of 21?

Reactions: LeafChief

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
They also have a U-18 WJC gold, a world junior championship gold, a memorial cup, and a calder cup all by the age of 21?
Not to mention having similar production to guys like Ho-Sang/Scherbak while being put in unfavouable offensive situations and while visibly focusing on remedying non-offensive weaknesses

Reactions: Morgs

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
But what do you know about Nikitas situation?
Strong U20 carrying the mail in Everett, injury diminished U21 with good opportunity on a thoroughly mediocre Ice-Caps team.

I was speaking to Bracco this year. It was undeniably an unfavourable situation to produce (and yet he matched the players I mentioned, playing mainly on the 4thline with focus on play off the puck and physical development- focus that lead to visibly positive results. The same thing happened in Windsor, after which he came in and made the Mem cup his bitch. No slight to Scherbak and Ho-sang, just food for thought for those that would dismiss Bracco as a stagnating depth prospect, and a lesson on the different perspectives organizational depth and draft slotting cause.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Strong U20 carrying the mail in Everett, injury diminished U21 with good opportunity on a thoroughly mediocre Ice-Caps team.

I was speaking to Bracco this year. It was undeniably an unfavourable situation to produce (and yet he matched the players I mentioned, playing mainly on the 4thline with focus on play off the puck and physical development- focus that lead to visibly positive results. The same thing happened in Windsor, after which he came in and made the Mem cup his *****. No slight to Scherbak and Ho-sang, just food for thought for those that would dismiss Bracco as a stagnating depth prospect, and a lesson on the different perspectives organizational depth and draft slotting cause.
that usage is seeming like a rite of passage for offensive forwards coming through the Marlies - Kapanen, Johnsson, Timashov, Bracco, Brooks etc have all seen that and the ones that graduated to offensive roles on the team have had their production inflate accordingly.

I would expect to see the same for SDA if/when he gets to the Marlies

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Doesn't seem like SDA will get into the pre-season game tonight. Hoping we get to see him in at least one game before he gets re-assigned to junior.

Says a lot about what they think about his performance to this point to have him still in camp. I'm hoping he is soaking it all in.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
SDA hasn't done anything to rank him above Bracco. You could argue that he has more potential but Bracco is the more proven prospect who has a good shot of making the NHL. I don't think the same can be said about SDA who is still a longshot.

I like to think of prospects as cups and how big the cup is their potential and as the cup fills with water the player is working towards their maximum potential

SDA might have a larger cup then Bracco but Bracco cup has more water

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I like to think of prospects as cups and how big the cup is their potential and as the cup fills with water the player is working towards their maximum potential

SDA might have a larger cup then Bracco but Bracco cup has more water
this seems like shiny new toy syndrome to me, Bracco's ceiling has always been considered really high, a large cup with a lot of space to fill in his own right

Reactions: blindpass

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
this seems like shiny new toy syndrome to me, Bracco's ceiling has always been considered really high, a large cup with a lot of space to fill in his own right

I think the more you develop the more your wide range of possibilities shrink. Things become a little more certain. Bracco certainly still has a very high ceiling. I'm not sure it's as high as it was when he was drafted though. A little less boom, a little less bust.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I think the more you develop the more your wide range of possibilities shrink. Things become a little more certain. Bracco certainly still has a very high ceiling. I'm not sure it's as high as it was when he was drafted though. A little less boom, a little less bust.
I still think that the perception of Bracco's ceiling could still swing pretty heavily based on this year's results, it's really the first opportunity he's getting to put up points in the AHL. I agree on the principle though, the range narrows as they become more known quantities

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad