C Scott Reedy (2017, 102nd, SJS; traded to DAL)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=269301

usa_57_scott_reedy_ep.jpg

Last edited:

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Top scorer on the U17 team by a decent margin. I don't think he'll be the kind of kid to put up Eichel/Matthews/Keller U18 numbers next season but he's a really exciting prospect.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
He needs to grow taller. It's kind of like how there's no excuse for Jesper Fasth not to work on his speed (and Jonathan Quick on his agility).

But seriously, the NTDP is really starting to churn out good players. It used to be that every couple of years was a good American crop, but now it's every year.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
Been extremely impressed by him. He's been an offensive force of his team during the past U-17 tourney. Really reminds me of Kyle Connor a little bit.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
He needs to grow taller. It's kind of like how there's no excuse for Jesper Fasth not to work on his speed (and Jonathan Quick on his agility).

But seriously, the NTDP is really starting to churn out good players. It used to be that every couple of years was a good American crop, but now it's every year.

He's 16. He'll grow a few inches before he's drafted for sure.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Really hope he keeps it up and the Gophers' 2017 class lives up to its potential. (Reedy, Mittelstadt, McManus, Maniscalco)

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Dunno why, but his name instantly strikes me as the name of a player that gets drafted high and then busts :laugh:

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Can anyone give a scouting report on this guy, I've heard a lot of Minnesota hockey fans rave about him but I can't seem to find much about his game.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Ahhhh yes the "Clayton Keller Syndrome" of people thinking you're a bust because of your name.

Effects many in the draft
There is also the "Magnus Pääjärvi Syndrome" which is basically the same thing but it only affects players whose name starts with a P and ends with järvi. :sarcasm:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Top pointgetter for the NTDP u17 team last year, having a worse year statistically but I wouldnt read to much into it , the whole team lacks elite talent. Imo he is still a top 15 pick if not higher. No talk on him though..

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Top pointgetter for the NTDP u17 team last year, having a worse year statistically but I wouldnt read to much into it , the whole team lacks elite talent. Imo he is still a top 15 pick if not higher. No talk on him though..

I don't think many people would agree with you on that. I think he will be a steal if he slips to the second round though, which it's looking like he will.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I don't think many people would agree with you on that. I think he will be a steal if he slips to the second round though, which it's looking like he will.

I think he's underated, will most likely slip though in the draft.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Reedy was considered one of the best if not the best forward on the NTDP since he came in, but he hardly played in the U18s. Anybody know why?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Reedy was considered one of the best if not the best forward on the NTDP since he came in, but he hardly played in the U18s. Anybody know why?

Because he was playing poor hockey trying to emptily show off his stick handling at every possible situation. Right away he stood out to me as maybe the least effective player on the team in his shifts, and I had zero surprise when, after starting out in the top 9, his minutes evaporated as the tournament went on.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
He's had a very bad year, easily surpassed by players like Barratt.

He wasn't bad, but he's clearly a later round project than the expected late 1st and early 2nd round guy he was supposed to be.

I'd pick him in the 4th round if he's there. He just tries to play fancy and dekes between the legs when there is no reason to. He's got good hands, he's a good skater and all but I am not sure he thinks the game very well offensively.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
It would be interesting to know if he was told to stop being creative because it wasn't working at the beginning of the season? It also sounds like a case of lost confidence to me because he was too darn good last year to drop that hard. A team could end up with a first round type guy in a later round out of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad