C Ryder Donovan - Duluth East High, USHS-MN (2019, 110th, VGK)

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Another Minnesota kid that developed from countless hours on the outdoor ponds. Has great vision and playmaking ability to go along with his 6' 3" and roughly 200 lb frame. Good transition game but really flourishes skating from the boards with the puck and hitting the open guy for a quality shot. Good skater.

Reactions: Peeps

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Wow that is the first time I ever heard of Duluth High School being mentioned as a team a prospect came from(I live like 3 1/2 hours from Duluth so I am always happy for anything good that happens to them). Seems like for whatever reason while Hockey is big in Minnesota you hardly hear of guys from Duluth(it's always Warroad or Mankato or Edina or Eden Prarrie, etc)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Wow that is the first time I ever heard of Duluth High School being mentioned as a team a prospect came from(I live like 3 1/2 hours from Duluth so I am always happy for anything good that happens to them). Seems like for whatever reason while Hockey is big in Minnesota you hardly hear of guys from Duluth(it's always Warroad or Mankato or Edina or Eden Prarrie, etc)
didn't Derek Forbort come out of Duluth?

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018

The youth programs in northern minnesota have been improving and turning out some high end D1 and Pro talent, Blake McLaughling and Gavin Hain who were drafted in the 2017 Draft attended Grand Rapids High School. The issue with the high end prospects up there is their isn't a lot of competition in Northern Minnesota for these players, its a lot of smaller schools so unless its a program that likes to travel down to the cities for Holiday Tournaments and play some of those schools, their competition isn't great so these players tend to go to the USHL their senior year so that's the team that's next to their name when they get drafted. More players get drafted from Northern Minnesota than many realize, they just weren't playing there in their draft year.

Reactions: Peeps

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The youth programs in northern minnesota have been improving and turning out some high end D1 and Pro talent, Blake McLaughling and Gavin Hain who were drafted in the 2017 Draft attended Grand Rapids High School. The issue with the high end prospects up there is their isn't a lot of competition in Northern Minnesota for these players, its a lot of smaller schools so unless its a program that likes to travel down to the cities for Holiday Tournaments and play some of those schools, their competition isn't great so these players tend to go to the USHL their senior year so that's the team that's next to their name when they get drafted. More players get drafted from Northern Minnesota than many realize, they just weren't playing there in their draft year.

They can come up to Thunder Bay, we are only 3 1/2 hours away :P

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Duluth East has been a powerhouse in MNHS for a while now. They certainly hang in there with the big boys such as Grand Rapids, Elk River, Moorhead, and the suburban Metro teams such as Eden Prairie.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Committed to Wisconsin for next season.

They should have Miller, Emberson, Turcotte, Caufield, Donovan and Holloway on their team next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad