C Ryan Kujawinski - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2013 draft)

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
7 points in 5 games as he already has 1+1 tonight.

Really thinking he'll find his way into the top 15.

Edit: He added another assist, so 8 points in 5 games.

Last edited:

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Least talked about 2013 prospect, kid has just flat out played well with Kingston. With his size and skill I expect him to really continue to rise.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I see some offensive upside, but not top 6 at the moment. He just isn't involved in the game enough. He looks like a 2nd rounder to me at the moment.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
I see him as someone who has very high potential but is very raw and needs to put it together. At times he will be dynamite, others he is invisible. I see a team taking him in the late first round.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I would love for him to slip into the 2nd round due to consistency issues. Kid has all the tools and with the JETS owning three 2nd rounders, he'd be a worthwhile gamble with one of them.:nod::yo:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kujawinski's numbers aren't where most thought they'd be at this point, but there's a couple of things people have to keep in mind:

1-When he went on a tear last season, he and linemates Billy Jenkins and Trevor Morbeck had some really good chemistry. It wasn't just Kujawinski who was lighting it up, but Jenkins was producing at around a point per game after being traded to Kingston, and Morbeck was playing a very good "board work" game to compliment the two talented kids.

This season, Morbeck just didn't seem to fit in Kingston's plans, and has since been traded. And Jenkins and Kujawinski haven't displayed the same on-ice chemistry as consistently as last year. They've had games where the old chemistry seemed to be back, and each guy would have a 2 or 3 point game. But consistently, they've only clicked in about a third of Kingston's games.

2-Coach Todd Gill has been using the rookie line of Sam Bennett, Spencer Watson, and Henri Ikonen as the top PP forward unit for a good portion of the season. Granted, a part of the reason is because of the early struggles of the Kujawinski/Jenkins line, but also because Watson and Bennett, in particular, have been fantastic game in, game out (Watson's got 21 points in 22 games as a 16 year old rookie, Bennett's got 16 points in 22 as a 16 year old rookie). But the end result is Kujawinski's simply not getting the PP minutes to "stat pad". So what you're seeing offensively is basically 5 on 5 production.

This isn't to excuse Kujawinski completely or absolve him of any blame for his struggles. He's got to be more consistent, and he's got to be more involved in the play, especially in the dirty areas in front of the opposition net. But I don't think he's far off from turning his season around. His assist totals are actually pretty decent, it's primarily his goal scoring that's been problematic thus far. If he could go on a bit of a roll, maybe 4 or 5 goals over the next 3 or 4 games, and suddenly his numbers appear much better.

In the end, I still think he's going to be a 1st round pick. If he slips to round 2, whatever team does end up drafting him is going to get a very good prospect. When he's on his game, he reminds me a lot of how Eric Staal looked in junior.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad