C/RW Troy Terry - University of Denver, NCAA (2015, 148th, ANA)

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
He's certainly increased his stock as a player and it wouldn't be surprising to see the Ducks try to sign him after Denver finishes this year.
He's still a bit away from being an NHL regular but a lot closer than anyone realized before the WJC.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
He will be remembered for the shootouts but he was great in the games too. I don't think I remember a player outperforming my expectations in a WJC more than Terry did in this tournament.

JA

One may discern "Achilles" from Troy, the result being "Achilles Terry."

Knock on wood that his name isn't indicative!

Last edited by a moderator:

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
The first couple USA games I watched I kept wondering who the heck is this #20. Every time he hit the ice he impressed me, and I never heard of this guy until the tournament. To me Terry was one of the most impressive players for team USA long before the shootout games. I wanted to see him play RW on the top line with Keller and White. It never happened, but he deserved more ice time IMO. The Ducks hit a nice one here.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The first couple USA games I watched I kept wondering who the heck is this #20. Every time he hit the ice he impressed me, and I never heard of this guy until the tournament. To me Terry was one of the most impressive players for team USA long before the shootout games. I wanted to see him play RW on the top line with Keller and White. It never happened, but he deserved more ice time IMO. The Ducks hit a nice one here.

He started the tournament against Latvia in that exact spot. He looked good there, but the entire team was sluggish in that game.

Next game, Motzko made changes on all the lines, and that's when Anderson and Terry swapped spots. Terry could have played anywhere in the lineup, but he gave the fourth line life, and produced as well. It worked.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
His game is well suited for the pro level. I'd be very happy if he left college and Is playing for the San Diego Gulls next year. His body also looks like it's close to ready. He looked pretty stocky compared to a lot of the kids at the WJC

Oct 18, 2011
Growth spurt has helped alot in terms of his NHL projection, and since he's only 19 he might have a little more left to go. I think he can really build on his performance the fun fact in all this, if a couple of the more highly touted players had been selected he probably doesn't make the team, and who knows what happens then

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Growth spurt has helped alot in terms of his NHL projection, and since he's only 19 he might have a little more left to go. I think he can really build on his performance the fun fact in all this, if a couple of the more highly touted players had been selected he probably doesn't make the team, and who knows what happens then

He might not make that team if his fellow Duck prospect Max Jones had been healthy. And although we can't say for sure, we might have seen Canada or Russia win gold

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Between him jones steel and a few other, ducks finally have some forward prospects to look forward too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad