C/RW Matthew Stienburg - Cornell University, NCAA (2019, 63rd, COL)

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
18 points in 11 games. He is the best scorer of the Cornell University, and his 1.64 PPG is better than anyone else in the NCAA (best scorers have played 17–19 games).

Has anyone seen him play? What kind of player he is and what is his projection?

Reactions: teddygmr

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
18 points in 11 games. He is the best scorer of the Cornell University, and his 1.64 PPG is better than anyone else in the NCAA (best scorers have played 17–19 games).

Has anyone seen him play? What kind of player he is and what is his projection?

Pretty crucial caveat with this kid: he broke his fibula a couple years ago - post-draft. So I really think his last full year was an anomaly and he'll need another year or two to get back to full form. Also battled some bone infections as a kid and had to take time off hockey completely. It's really quite a testament to him that he was able to get this far in the first place. Amazing story here.

I see a pretty straightforward middle-6 C with + skating. I like his stride a lot. He seems to be a higher IQ guy. I've watched him 3x - once in HS, twice at Cornell. Hope he makes it as that would be Newhook + him + Barron + Foeg Daddy all w/ realistic shots at the show, all coming out of my humble alma mater in a short period of time. Pretty sick for a small ON high school.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Point per game player as a sophomore last year but had just 2 goals and 4 assists in 13 games this year before being injured.

Any reason for the decline?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Point per game player as a sophomore last year but had just 2 goals and 4 assists in 13 games this year before being injured.

Any reason for the decline?
Got passed by newer freshmen classes, and also hard to keep your spot when you've suffered two major injuries in a four-year period. He had like a major knee injury during Covid and the shortened season made him miss the entire year. Now he's been out for at least the last two and a half months. Avs wanted to sign him last year, but because he lost an entire year, he told them he wanted to go back for his senior year and that decision seems like the wrong one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad