C/RW Maddox Fleming - Univ of Notre Dame (2022 undrafted)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
isnt he with team usa at the Youth Olympic Games?

Right.. yes that is correct. But those hockey games won't start until January 19th, or have they already gathered the team and left to Lausanne and preparing for the games?. - these two Sioux Falls game were played 8 and 7 days before game 1 of the preliminary round.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very impressed by Fleming. He looks like the best player on the US Youth Olympic Team, in my opinion. The consensus as of late seems to have shifted towards McGroarty as being better than Fleming. While I think both are very good and there's not a huge separation between the two, I prefer Fleming after one viewing. They both do a lot of the same things well as complete centers, but Fleming is a great skater, while McGroarty lacks top-end speed. I actually think Fleming and Shane Wright are very similar prospects. Both remind me a lot of Jack Eichel. I haven't seen enough to decide whose better, but I think Fleming is probably the best American player in the 2022 draft of all the top names.

Reactions: Luc Poitras

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Very impressed by Fleming. He looks like the best player on the US Youth Olympic Team, in my opinion. The consensus as of late seems to have shifted towards McGroarty as being better than Fleming. While I think both are very good and there's not a huge separation between the two, I prefer Fleming after one viewing. They both do a lot of the same things well as complete centers, but Fleming is a great skater, while McGroarty lacks top-end speed. I actually think Fleming and Shane Wright are very similar prospects. Both remind me a lot of Jack Eichel. I haven't seen enough to decide whose better, but I think Fleming is probably the best American player in the 2022 draft of all the top names.
Fleming has great potential. I know this is hfboards but the 'consensus' opinions on a 15 year-old is kind of worthless, just interesting to talk about. McGroarty could easily be better, so could Fleming, so could some of the others on this team. the games I've seen of Fleming have been more impressive than McGroarty but he's certainly a great prospect as well. Worth noting Fleming is playing at a much higher level of play than McGroarty is this season, so coming back to his age group, expectations should be higher imo. Not sure if either have Eichel-tier potential but the draft is a ways away

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Stylistically he looks extremely similar to Eichel at the same age. Great skater, deft puck handler, high hockey IQ, puck always seems to be on his stick even though he passes it a lot, great vision and ability to find the open man, and can wire it too. He looks exactly like Eichel when he's running the PP on the half wall. He also shares similar weaknesses to Eichel in that he needs to be more selfish and assert himself more frequently. He'd do well to shoot more instead of looking to set up a teammate every time and if he just takes over more often with his skillset (like he did to set up Howard's 3rd goal against Switzerland) it'll open things up even more for him.

Only time will tell whether he'll also develop into a superstar, Hart caliber NHL franchise center as a lot needs to go right for a 15 year old prospect for that to happen. But having tracked Eichel closely at the same age, I think Fleming - on a admittedly small sample size - is in the same tier at the same age.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Shattuck wins 5-1 over Northwood, Maddox scored 1 assist.
Shattuck will face St. Andrews in the final. (gold medal game).

Shattuck St. Mary's and St. Andrews College has faced 3 times this season
Shattuck has won 1 game (5-2) and lost 2 (3-8, 2-3 OTL)
- all 3 games has been played at St. Andrews College.

Shattuck's next 2 games, after the MacPherson cup are against St. Andrews College,
but this time at Shattuck. (Feb 8th & 9th)

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Shattuck wins 5-3 over St. Andrews and takes the 2020 MacPherson Cup. Congrats. Maddox with 2 assists.

Wallace 2, Morrow, Buss, Stokes
(Shlaine 3 assists, Fleming 2 assists).

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Once again @GeorgeLeafer12 adding a point here or there as if it has any impact in a prospects rank.

Its actually 51 pts in 40 games. Just one point off, but still, any time this guy posts stats, you’re better off to double check for accuracy.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I just don’t understand why you do that. You just did it in the Scott Morrow thread as well, and I’ve caught it dozens of times when you post stats. You add a point or two here or there, take off a game played here or there. Do you think it props up the player and better?

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I just don’t understand why you do that. You just did it in the Scott Morrow thread as well, and I’ve caught it dozens of times when you post stats. You add a point or two here or there, take off a game played here or there. Do you think it props up the player and better?
You do realize that Shattuck is not using some professional stat tracking software and that it's probably a parent or fellow student putting stuff on the website, which can result in mistakes that get updated later.

The odds that the refs in these games get all assists right anyways...

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
You do realize that Shattuck is not using some professional stat tracking software and that it's probably a parent or fellow student putting stuff on the website, which can result in mistakes that get updated later.

The odds that the refs in these games get all assists right anyways...
No, he always does it. With prospects from any and every league. I’ve caught it dozens of times. He comes and posts stats for a prospect, then I go look, and a goal or point has been added, a game played taken away. He always does it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad