C/RW Mackenzie Entwistle - Guelph Storm, OHL (2017, 69th, CHI via ARZ)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He's one of the younger players in this draft with a mid July birthday but already has great size at 6'3 181 and still filling out. Has gotten off to a great start with 5 goals in the 1st 5 games and has been playing with the newly acquired Will Bitten which doesn't hurt. He's looking like a potential 1st rounder early on but we'll see if he can keep improving. HP has him ranked #27 and CS has him as an "A" on their players to watch list

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=273678

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He's one of the younger players in this draft with a mid July birthday but already has great size at 6'3 181 and still filling out. Has gotten off to a great start with 5 goals in the 1st 5 games and has been playing with the newly acquired Will Bitten which doesn't hurt. He's looking like a potential 1st rounder early on but we'll see if he can keep improving. HP has him ranked #27 and CS has him as an "A" on their players to watch list

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=273678
From what I heard on The Pipeline Show, he's a bit of a late bloomer, in that he didn't have a prominent role on the 99 Marlies (generally the most stacked AAA team in Toronto, although it can vary). Between him and M. Strome, Hamilton has some intriguing guys to watch this year. Only team that might have more intrigue draft eligible prospect wise is Sauga with Tippett and Hague.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
My favourite Bulldog, posted about him recently on the Leafs boards.

Better than Strome IMO, though Strome has more natural talent, Entwistle is the better skater with more tools. He gives 100% in all zones and is a good pk'er, has some grit to his game. He's better as a C IMO and I think he might actually be 6'4 now.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
From what I heard on The Pipeline Show, he's a bit of a late bloomer, in that he didn't have a prominent role on the 99 Marlies (generally the most stacked AAA team in Toronto, although it can vary). Between him and M. Strome, Hamilton has some intriguing guys to watch this year. Only team that might have more intrigue draft eligible prospect wise is Sauga with Tippett and Hague.

Marian Studenic could make some noise too.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

In the OHL I'd agree but in the WHL you have Brandon with Patrick+Mattheos, Kelowna with Foote, Lind and Smart and Tri-City with Rasmussen and Valimaki.

Hamilton has a lot of young talent so they are definitely a team on the rise and could challenge the top dogs this year even.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
In the OHL I'd agree but in the WHL you have Brandon with Patrick+Mattheos, Kelowna with Foote, Lind and Smart and Tri-City with Rasmussen and Valimaki.

Hamilton has a lot of young talent so they are definitely a team on the rise and could challenge the top dogs this year even.
Was talking about the OHL specifically. I get pretty much every OHL game with my cable package and some Q games. WHL I either have to drop 320 for the WHL live package online, buy individual games or hope friday night hockey picks a game up. The team I actually want to get a look on the most is Halifax due to Hischier and there 2018's particularly Groulx.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone have some impressions on this kid? He cracked the top 30 for both Hockeyprospect.com and Future Considerations in November.

Would really like to know how his skating looks, more than anything.

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Anyone have some impressions on this kid? He cracked the top 30 for both Hockeyprospect.com and Future Considerations in November.

Would really like to know how his skating looks, more than anything.

Skating is very good, especially when you consider that he's a bigger kid. Already pretty explosive and it really helps him be a factor in all three zones.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Skating is very good, especially when you consider that he's a bigger kid. Already pretty explosive and it really helps him be a factor in all three zones.

Thanks Brock! Do you think he will continue to rise as the year goes on? If he has size, skating, and production... what would hold him back from being a high draft pick?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Doing well in the U18's for Canada. Seems like a skilled player, not sure why he didn't put up more pts in the OHL.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
He's flying in the u18's but you need to be able to produce in the OHL better than ~.5 ppg to have a successful career as a forward. I wouldn't touch him before the 4th; however if he spikes in production next year and someone drafts him high I can see him then becoming something; even if its a 4th liner.

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
This kid was given limited opportunity on a Hamilton team with older forwards. No PP all year and limited third line minutes on a wing. He was a centre in minor hockey I believe and put up points for the Toronto Marlboros in minor midget. From what we've seen in Hamilton he has tons of potential and seems to excel when given a chance. i.e. CHL top prospects game and now WU18's. Wont be there in the 4th imo.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
This kid was given limited opportunity on a Hamilton team with older forwards. No PP all year and limited third line minutes on a wing. He was a centre in minor hockey I believe and put up points for the Toronto Marlboros in minor midget. From what we've seen in Hamilton he has tons of potential and seems to excel when given a chance. i.e. CHL top prospects game and now WU18's. Wont be there in the 4th imo.

I'm well aware of all of these things; I'd just rather take someone who can produce more over him as its a more "safe" bet

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I saw many reports telling that he is the complete package, so why couldn't he played on the top6 on a consistent basis at the OHL level, Hamilton wasn't even a particularly deep team.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I like him every time I watch him play, but his OHL production is really underwhelming. Wouldn't take him earlier than the 3rd round. Could be a fantastic bottom-six guy in the NHL at some point though.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I saw many reports telling that he is the complete package, so why couldn't he played on the top6 on a consistent basis at the OHL level, Hamilton wasn't even a particularly deep team.
A few reasons: inconsistent and questionable line combos in the first half of the season by the coach, a plethora of centers (Petti, Saigeon, Entwistle, Roberts, Kutkevicius, and Bitten) and having wingers and centers being juggled back to and from other positions. Strome-Petti-Luff was a locked top line. Cram-Saigeon-Bitten built a ton of chemistry and solidified the second line. Saigeon and Petti were also the team's top faceoff guys. When the team had some injuries, Entwistle was top-6 but he also was out for about a dozen games while the top lines had good chemistry. With OAs gone, Entwistle will certainly be in the top 6 this fall.

Entwistle is a high energy player who plays a 200 foot game. Good defensive game and often used on the PK. Many times Strome is ranked ahead of Entwistle for the draft, although I'd be more surprised if Entwistle didn't get drafted ahead of Strome.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I kind of want the Devils to draft this guy just for his name.

tumblr_o4fuex6mNw1v6ztouo1_500.gif

Ed302G.gif

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I love this kids game! Probably never be a top 6 but should end up a real solid 3rd liner that could easily move up the line up and cover for short term injuries. Great energy and skating for his size. Has a good shot to boot.

I really hope if he's available @ 55 that my Canucks take him.

Surprised there's not even a page on him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Since a lot of pieces got moved in the trade, this is probably going under the radar. Secretly the Hawks may have gotten a win with Entwistle. This is a team that lacks big bodied power forwards. Hayden is the only one. Entwistle is a guy that could definitely make the roster as a third or fourth liner.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That's what I was telling a Hawks fan at work today, they probably got a nice bottom 6 grinder who can bang and maybe give you a little offense. He's only 18(for 2 days).

He responded that they need some players like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad