C/RW Kameron Kielly - Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL (2015 undrafted)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Among the scouting combine attendees without a thread is Charlottetown forward Kameron Kielly, so to kick off his thread, here are two excerpts from a HP game report and local news:
CHA #10 C Kielly, Kameron (2015): Kielly played a sound two-way game today, supporting his defensemen well in his own end and making some nice plays with the puck in the offensive zone. Showed good vision finding Sprong on a couple of occasions in the offensive zone, scoring his goal by going to the net with his stick on the ice and receiving a perfect pass from Sprong from the corner. Worked hard in all three zones, and while he is not a speedster and doesn’t have the best shot, I like his smarts.
Kielly, an 18-year-old Charlottetown native, has had his best season yet in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with career highs in goals (16), assists (30) and points (46).

While some of his teammates get more of the spotlight, Kielly has constantly been an effective hockey player all season, coach Gordie Dwyer said.

"He's been excellent for us," he said.

Dwyer said the assistant captain plays in all key situations, works hard and is willing to do whatever is required to win games. It might mean shadowing one of the league's best players, getting under a player's skin or scoring a key goal.

"He's a true competitor," Dwyer said. "He's a guy that you want on your team."

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
This guy is going to be an NHLer. great 2-way player, great PKer, plays PP. Has the heart of a lion. plays bigger than he is.

For those wondering no he did not spend significant time playing with Sprong and Chlapik. He played most of the year with Brad Kennedy and Oliver Cooper if i'm not mistaken.

Think JG Pageau type

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Like this kid a lot. Was a stand out for me every game I watched of Charlottetown (and I watched a lot of them). Really smart two-way player. Think he can be a solid #3C down the line.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
2 more points tonight, and having a great playoffs for Charlottetown so far.

7 goals, 14pts in 10 games, and over 60% on faceoffs.

34 goals in 64 regular season games, what's his outlook?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Rumours around PEI is Kielly wants to turn pro, but is strongly considering CIS first then look at pro options.

I have to imagine he has a fair bit of pro interest. Very strong 2-way player, no doubt he could contribute in the bottom 6 on an AHL team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad