C/RW Cooper Marody (2015, 158th, PHI; traded to EDM)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Here's an excerpt from Marody a 'perfect fit' on Stampede and an infographic:
This week, Stampede coach Cary Eades remembered that first shift clearly.

"When he set up Bellows, it was kind of a 'Wow' play," Eades said. "Not a lot of people can see that play and then do it. From there we understood he has some special capabilities and if we could develop a few other parts of his game he was going to be one of the better players in the USHL."

The slick stuff has been a staple since that first game. Marody, at 6-feet and 177 pounds is not yet a bruiser, but he's delivering big-time in the instinct department.

"He's very calm, and that's part of his deception," Eades said. "A lot of guys panic with the puck and make quick plays but he can hold it for that instant longer and wait for things to open up. He doesn't need much of a window."

The Brighton, Mich., native had a total of nine points in 14 games with Muskegon, his original team this year, then put up 20 goals and 29 assists in his 38 regular-season games with the Stampede, who won 25 of their last 35.
theshift_marody-final-966x1024.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Anyone it there watch him play? I believe a Flyers fan was saying he was on the 3rd line producing these numbers.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
C Cooper Marody - Michigan, NCAA (2015, 156th, PHI)

Has anybody seen him play... has similar stat-line, DOB, size to a high profile prospect (Kyle Connor) yet nobody ever talks about him. I've never seen him play so I'd imagine there must be some relatively big flaws to his game or else he'd be more discussed.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170491

Can anyone who's seen him play give some insight on this prospect?

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Has anybody seen him play... has similar stat-line, DOB, size to a high profile prospect (Kyle Connor) yet nobody ever talks about him. I've never seen him play so I'd imagine there must be some relatively big flaws to his game or else he'd be more discussed.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170491

Can anyone who's seen him play give some insight on this prospect?

From everything I've heard, part of the reason he went pretty low in the draft was that he didn't really do much in the USHL until last season and hadn't really proven much beforehand. I believe there were some places that had him pegged as a 3rd round pick and projected him as a potential middle 6 center. I'd have to go back and check out some of the threads from when he was drafted but that was what I recall. I believe he's centering the 3rd line at Michigan right now.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
From everything I've heard, part of the reason he went pretty low in the draft was that he didn't really do much in the USHL until last season and hadn't really proven much beforehand. I believe there were some places that had him pegged as a 3rd round pick and projected him as a potential middle 6 center. I'd have to go back and check out some of the threads from when he was drafted but that was what I recall. I believe he's centering the 3rd line at Michigan right now.

His production last year was came largely after he was traded from Muskegon to Sioux Falls. Cary Eades system really brought out the best in Marody and he has carried it over to the NCAA.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
IIRC he was cut from his high school hockey team initially prior to entering the USHL so he really didn't come with a lot of hype & seems to be trending in the way of a late bloomer.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Bump, I just wanted to ask how he's looked and if he has a spot with the Oilers next season. Over a PPG in the AHL, still a young kid who is versatile. At the very least he should upgrade Edmonton's bottom 6. Shows Chia is still good at small trades, but horrible in big ones.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Bump, I just wanted to ask how he's looked and if he has a spot with the Oilers next season. Over a PPG in the AHL, still a young kid who is versatile. At the very least he should upgrade Edmonton's bottom 6. Shows Chia is still good at small trades, but horrible in big ones.
As an Oiler fan I think he’s got a really good chance at a spot next year but watching hitch play josh Currie 9mins a game even after scoring a few goals is head scratching. Currie was the condors top goal scorer too. But from all I gather is that Marody is the straw that stirs the drink down there

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hows it looking for him in Edmonton this upcoming season? Stats wise he killed it this past season and it looks like 3C is up for grabs as of now.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hard to not see him play in 25+ games just due to lack of depth. Plus, he was amazing in the AHL last year

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Hows it looking for him in Edmonton this upcoming season? Stats wise he killed it this past season and it looks like 3C is up for grabs as of now.
He was amazing in the AHL and we don't really have much of anything for forwards outside of the big 3. He'll have all the opportunity in the world to play his way into a roster spot

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Unless this I'm reading the threads wrong this appears to be the most recent one for Marody.

Point-per-game scorer and six NHL games with the Oilers in 2018-19. Limited to 30 games with Bakersfield this past season.

Any update on his injury situation and whether he'll be available in a Black Aces capacity when the playoffs eventually start?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Unless this I'm reading the threads wrong this appears to be the most recent one for Marody.

Point-per-game scorer and six NHL games with the Oilers in 2018-19. Limited to 30 games with Bakersfield this past season.

Any update on his injury situation and whether he'll be available in a Black Aces capacity when the playoffs eventually start?

He suffered a concussion in last year's playoffs and he hasn't looked the same since. I'm pretty sure he's healthy now though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad