C/RW Bryan Little: De-buffing 30 Goal Season

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Little's versatility is one of the reasons I'm not always open to trading him.

Realistically, he's a RW who can play C in a pinch, much like Antropov, which should scream we need C's as those were our top 2 last year. I think keeping him helps protect our future roster against devastating injuries up the middle.

In the future I agree he should be put on the wing while guys like Burmistrov or Scheifele play in the middle. I also don't see his size as being as big an issue as he's obviously a two-way player who is very solid in the defensive game. While his offensive numbers should go up playing on the wing.

Once again great write up!

Agreed, esp with the bolded.
So, if Little is a RW who can play C in a pinch, and Scheif is a C who can play RW in a pinch, and Ladd is...Ladd, I see the makings of an awesome second line...potent both offensively and defensively. It's almost enough to make me change my mind about sending Scheif back to Barrie....almost.:)

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I agree. I'd like to think that the Jets could get Getzlaf for $7 mill/yr or less on a 6 or 7 year deal - which would take him to 34 or 35 yrs old. He's not as big a point producer, so i was thinking bit more than Jordan Staal money, but that may be off.

Loved watching him when the Ducks were here last year. He's a big, physical center that definitely changes the feel of a game.

Edit: not a big point producer last year (though that may just be an off year).

Would love to see Getzlaf in Winnipeg but I think he gets signed way before he hits ufa, same with Corey Perry.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Agreed, esp with the bolded.
So, if Little is a RW who can play C in a pinch, and Scheif is a C who can play RW in a pinch, and Ladd is...Ladd, I see the makings of an awesome second line...potent both offensively and defensively. It's almost enough to make me change my mind about sending Scheif back to Barrie....almost.:)
I like that idea too. Not sure he is ready though. I just don't expect Scheifele to jump in and be better that Burmi ir Wellwood at this point.

jetkarma*

Great breakdown again garret!!!

I gained a better understanding of Brian's value and that is a good thing. Definitely a very solid top 6 asset.

Ditto. Excellent post.Many thanks:handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

jetkarma*

Solid again garret.

Another well researched theory that basically tells us what most of us see as our main deficiency:

We have awful Center depth lol.

This team is literally that one Center away from being a contender for a mid playoff seed.

Don't let the pressure get to you, Mark. :)

I think he embraces it.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Maybe, but the team was awful last year and they will lose Teemu and Koivu soon. They mat not wanna stick out a rebuilt.

I see Anaheim trading one or both by the deadline, if they don't resign.

Now that wouldn't be great news for the Jets as i'm sure they would want a 1st rd pick (maybe multiple picks), prospects and roster players for both.

I'm sure Anaheim would ask for a 1st, top prospect (Scheifele or Trouba), solid roster guy (like a Little, Burmi, Hainsey or Stuart) and maybe more depending on the combination of picks, prospects and roster players.

That's not a scenario that works well for the Jets, at the moment. We may be a couple of years away from a Getzlaf-like move.

Edit:

I'd be willing to offer a 2014 1st, Burmi, and Postma - for Getzlaf, if there was a pretty good chance he would sign. Not sure that would get it done from Anaheim's view, though. Plus... Burmi would be tough to give up, but i'd move him before Scheifele or Trouba, at this point, for a true #1 center.

jetkarma*

I fully believe they will offer him a deal. I mean they even went after Parise this year.

Whether or not he is interested is an unknown.

Chipman said in his interview that they didn't go after Parise. He said they knew both were going to one team , and Winnipeg never made an offer.

Cheveldayoff earlier had said they looked into Parise , so there never was a real offer , and for good reason.

Chipman also stated they would be active for the right FA at the right time. If Pavelec is the guy in goal that time may be this off season. Both Scheifele and Trouba could be on the team and adding Ryan Getzlaf would make the Jets a legitimate playoff team that could be dangerous in the playoffs.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I see Anaheim trading one or both by the deadline, if they don't resign.

Now that wouldn't be great news for the Jets as i'm sure they would want a 1st rd pick (maybe multiple picks), prospects and roster players for both.

I'm sure Anaheim would ask for a 1st, top prospect (Scheifele or Trouba), solid roster guy (like a Little, Burmi, Hainsey or Stuart) and maybe more depending on the combination of picks, prospects and roster players.

That's not a scenario that works well for the Jets, at the moment. We may be a couple of years away from a Getzlaf-like move.

Edit:

I'd be willing to offer a 2014 1st, Burmi, and Postma - for Getzlaf, if there was a pretty good chance he would sign. Not sure that would get it done from Anaheim's view, though. Plus... Burmi would be tough to give up, but i'd move him before Scheifele or Trouba, at this point, for a true #1 center.

No guarantee he signs with the team that trades for him either.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Chipman said in his interview that they didn't go after Parise. He said they knew both were going to one team , and Winnipeg never made an offer.

Cheveldayoff earlier had said they looked into Parise , so there never was a real offer , and for good reason.

Chipman also stated they would be active for the right FA at the right time. If Pavelec is the guy in goal that time may be this off season. Both Scheifele and Trouba could be on the team and adding Ryan Getzlaf would make the Jets a legitimate playoff team that could be dangerous in the playoffs.

Getzlaf seems like a very nice fit, as he played with Kane at the Worlds, and was linemates with Ladd in Jr with the Hitmen.

Would fit in the locker room pretty seamlessly i'm thinking.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
No guarantee he signs with the team that trades for him either.

That's the risk, absolutely. There would have to be a feeling that he would sign a long-term deal or the deal is conditional and picks are reduced if he doesn't sign, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad