Tribute C. Rosen

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
I'd love to see him get that 3rd pairing spot for the playoffs. He's not big or physical but he can skate and handled the puck and that's what the Blues do now. I'm fine with it. Fewer turnovers and getting hemmed in your own end less often. Rosen fits that style.
Leddy, Krug, Rosen LHD
Faulk, CP, Bortz RHD

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'd love to see him get that 3rd pairing spot for the playoffs. He's not big or physical but he can skate and handled the puck and that's what the Blues do now. I'm fine with it. Fewer turnovers and getting hemmed in your own end less often. Rosen fits that style.
Leddy, Krug, Rosen LHD
Faulk, CP, Bortz RHD
He’s been good, but Scandella has been playing great with Parayko on shutdown pair. Why you wanna take him out!

Reactions: Mike Liut

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
He’s been good, but Scandella has been playing great with Parayko on shutdown pair. Why you wanna take him out!
Scandella has been really good, but I also attribute some of that to the addition of Leddy and Thomas driving so much of the play up the middle.

When the Blues are playing their game of keepaway and setting up sweet shots, almost any defensemen would look great.

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
I'd still rather have a guy like Mikkola out there in the playoffs, even if it's the 3rd pairing.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I'd still rather have a guy like Mikkola out there in the playoffs, even if it's the 3rd pairing.

Maybe you can have a conversation with him about serving pizzas to the opposing team all night long.

I love what he brings when he's on, but the dude is chaos incarnate at this point. Minnesota's forechecking and the Mikkola we've seen for 2/3 of the season is not a good formula.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Move over Charlie Lindgren, because the Blues have found their true savior. Calle Rosen is winning the Norris for the next decade.

Book it.

But seriously, I like what he’s brought since donning the Blue note. I’m happy he’s playing with aggression and is helping the transition game. I hope he can keep it up and stick in the NHL eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Linkens Mastery

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
He played phenomenal in Game 4 vs the Wild. Hasn't been very good since then but he's been thrown into a situation that is very difficult. He went from AHL minutes to playing 12-15 min in the NHL playoffs vs one of the most dangerous teams in the league. I think he's an NHL caliber defenseman on a third pairing or as a healthy scratch 7D, but I don't think he can be that on a SC champion.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He played phenomenal in Game 4 vs the Wild. Hasn't been very good since then but he's been thrown into a situation that is very difficult. He went from AHL minutes to playing 12-15 min in the NHL playoffs vs one of the most dangerous teams in the league. I think he's an NHL caliber defenseman on a third pairing or as a healthy scratch 7D, but I don't think he can be that on a SC champion.
He’s basically our 8d but has been playing due to injuries. Not ideal but how many clubs have significantly better options at 8d?

Reactions: Allens Five Hole

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
He’s basically our 8d but has been playing due to injuries. Not ideal but how many clubs have significantly better options at 8d?
I agree with you. I think he can be an everyday third pairing D-man on a lot of teams in the NHL. I just don't think he can be that on a SC championship team. There is a lot worse out there though and I think that he's filled in adequately so far this post season relative to my expectations for him.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad