C Riley Damiani (2018, 137th, DAL; traded to CGY)

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Nothing special just another Dallas Stars 5th round pick going to work

Dallas and Ottawa are the kings of this... we have a 5th rounder (Angus Crookshank) tied for 1st in scoring amongst NCAA rookies and yet Damiani still looks like the even better pick

Lots of guys from round 5 look great actually... Blade Jenkins, Brandon Kruse, Toni Utinen, Yegor Sharangovich, Simon Johansson, and I am sure some other guys look very solid so far

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
2 more assists tonight as well for Damiani. 20 points in his last 8 games

59 points in 40 games this season

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Was doing some stats digging today..

Damiani 1.43 PPG (5th round 2018)
Nick Suzuki 1.37 PPG (1st round 2017)
Issac Ratcliffe 1.13 PPG (2nd round 2017)
Liam Foudy 1.19 PPG (1st round 2018)
Barrett Hayton 1.58 PPG (1st round 2018)
Owen Tippett 1.43 PPG (1st round 2017)
Ty Dellandrea 1.10 PPG (1st round 2018)

Thats some amazing 5th round value right there.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
This kid seems to have taken a big step and is really torching the league this year - especially given his age.

Anyone watching his games who can share which parts of his game made that jump?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This kid seems to have taken a big step and is really torching the league this year - especially given his age.

I haven't watched his games, but it's my understanding he has gotten a bigger opportunity and role this season. I think I read somewhere that last season he was in a 3rd line center type role and he has jumped up to 1C for this year and is tearing it up

Based on highlights and clips I've seen though, his effort level is 100% every shift. Brendan Gallagher is the comparison that seems to be thrown around

Mar 12, 2009

I've seen most of his games. He was on the 3rd line last season, saw little PP time and was used in a shut down role. This year he's got consistent top 6 minutes and 1st unit PP time. He looks more confident and assertive in using his offensive abilities. Looks stronger so he's able and more confident in holding the puck a little longer. He's got a good motor.

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I've seen most of his games. He was on the 3rd line last season, saw little PP time and was used in a shut down role. This year he's got consistent top 6 minutes and 1st unit PP time. He looks more confident and assertive in using his offensive abilities. Looks stronger so he's able and more confident in holding the puck a little longer. He's got a good motor.

I recall last season at the end of his season he was starting to get more noticed. Where some knew he was going to be a steal already. I'm looking forward to more of his performance.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Watched him last night, he wasn't very noticeable tbh. Didn't see any dynamic factor in his game which can be a concern with his size. But again it was only one game.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Hat-trick tonight. Up to 82 points on the season, 12th in the league in points per game. Amazing 5th round D+1 value.

Reactions: Kcb12345

delara01

Riley Damiani has been scoring well over 1 ppg (1.46 last I checked) in the OHL; however, I'm not seeing any coverage on him. He's third when you take look at U19 in the OHL but still no ones high on him. I know hes small and 18 but any other reasons why he isn't being talked about?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
He has improved leaps and bounds offensively this year, but still has a ways to go. He's a competitor and works hard in all three zones. Decent skater, but not high end. I don't think his size limits him too much.
I still think he has fallen in love with his shot a bit too much. He's not a pure finisher by any stretch but is a high volume shooter. When he passes, he's far more dangerous. It seems like half his points this year have been tic-tac-toe quick passes to Yantsis' planted stick in the crease on the PP.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Any chance Stars call him up this season?

for those who have seen him in AHL this season, can you describe his game? Strengths? Weaknesses?

Thanks

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Any chance Stars call him up this season?

for those who have seen him in AHL this season, can you describe his game? Strengths? Weaknesses?

Thanks

I wish, but also doubt it unless another one of our top 6 players gets injured long term. Radulov is coming back tonight, so that won't help Damiani's chances. Maybe if the Stars are sellers at the deadline

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Since Dallas is mediocre at at best they're probably not going to want to burn a year on his ELC. Far better to get big minutes in the AHL then come compete for a spot next season.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Is this kid the real deal? Production is great at 17 points in 13 games. Is he playing center in Texas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad