C Reece Newkirk - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2019, 147th, NYI)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Was wondering when he'd have a thread made. While he does play with some talent he has plenty of it himself. Really good shot and goal scorer as he's always around the net. Will be curious where he ends up in June as he could go anywhere at this point but I'd say mid 2nd-late 3rd at this point

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Well,..this thread died after 3 posts huh?.

Last 8 games: 1+10=11 (1.38 ppg) +7 | 22 SOG | 14 penalty minutes | 36/90 F/O (40.0 %)
Season totals: 18+28=46 (1.07 ppg) +10 | 107 SOG | 43 penalty minutes | 41.0 F/O% (159 FOW)

2nd in team goals, 2nd in +/-, 3rd in points, 4th in ppg

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
He seems to play an important role for one of the strongest teams in WHL. Does anyone who watches him regularly have any scouting reports on him?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Fr
He seems to play an important role for one of the strongest teams in WHL. Does anyone who watches him regularly have any scouting reports on him?
From when I saw them, it looked like O’Brien took his job on Jarvis’ wing.

I don’t know if that was them splitting up lines to get more depth, but I don’t really imagine that an issue for the Hawks.

Reactions: Bronson

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Newkirk plays as one of our top centers in Portland, but the lineup has been jumbled all year so hard to say who has usually been on his wing. He has been on the 1st power play all year on the bumper spot and has good chemistry with Jarvis on the PP. Reeve's plan every shift is to piss off the opposition, in any way possible and usually is successful in getting under the skin of players. What he has realized this year that he didnt as a 17 year old was that he is one of the better players on the ice and getting coincidental penalties is usually a loss for Portland. For that reason I'm glad to see his PIMs be drastically reduced this year but I can easily see him being a PIM leader in the NHL if he makes it. He has the skill to be a future bottom 6 super pest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad