C Rasmus Kupari - Karpat, Liiga (2018, 20th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Slick Finnish forward, very dangerous with the puck on his stick, always a threat offensively, ISS Hockey 2017
4 points in 19 shl games. Where is this analysis coming from, ISS Hockey? :huh:
What!? A 17-year-old is struggling to score against pros in limited bottom-6 minutes? Shocking I tell you. I wonder why Filip Chytil was even drafted...

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Nice stats watching! Surely you know much more than ISS now
To be honest, it doesn't take much to know more than ISS at this stage, they tweeted about Robin Salo possibly playing a top 4 role for Finland at the WJC 4 days into the WJC after Salo had been cut. Not that this poster you are responding to is right.

Edit: Just to have documented proof of ISS's incompetence

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Slick Finnish forward, very dangerous with the puck on his stick, always a threat offensively, ISS Hockey 2017
4 points in 19 shl games. Where is this analysis coming from, ISS Hockey? :huh:

He's been playing mostly with Jyri Junnila, Juha Koivisto, Otto Karvinen and Jasse Ikonen. Best point scorer out of those four is Junnila who has 5 points in 28 games.

Loaned to Mestis until the WJC's at least, good move for him. Maybe Kärpät can get some decent players for the 3rd line before he comes back.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Kupari got a goal and an assist in 18 minutes of ice time during his Mestis debut for Hermes

Played with Vartiainen and Sammalmaa today, both probably are more skilled linemates than he's had with Kärpät all year. :laugh:

Anyway hopefully he can gain some confidence back in Mestis and make the WJC team.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
How long is this loan supposed to be? I know the SM-Liiga has tons of short-term loans, but Elite has no amount of games listed.

Reactions: HF92

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
How long is this loan supposed to be? I know the SM-Liiga has tons of short-term loans, but Elite has no amount of games listed.
I think someone said until the end of this year, so he'll probably be back after WJC (if he makes it there)

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
I have to say his stat line looks rather anemic. Again one game in the Hlinka is all I see and it looks like an outlier. I'm sure he's good, but jumping on Veleno and others for their stats and allowing Kupari to skate away with his is not fair. Playing against men? Playing in a lower league? It doesn't seem to matter. I'm not sure what he brings to the table? Size? Grit? PP? PK? Leadership? He'd better have all of the above or someone will pay for taking him as early as he is ranked. Good player. Ranked way too high.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I have to say his stat line looks rather anemic. Again one game in the Hlinka is all I see and it looks like an outlier. I'm sure he's good, but jumping on Veleno and others for their stats and allowing Kupari to skate away with his is not fair. Playing against men? Playing in a lower league? It doesn't seem to matter. I'm not sure what he brings to the table? Size? Grit? PP? PK? Leadership? He'd better have all of the above or someone will pay for taking him as early as he is ranked. Good player. Ranked way too high.
His draft season has been very similar to Rantanen so far in that both are very fast, dynamic wingers (or in Kupari's case some centre time as well) with good shooting ability that are underutilised. Rantanen's stat line was very meh until he finally got the responsibility he deserved after WJC. Keep in mind Kupari has been mostly on the 3rd line with no PP time at all.

His Hlinka performance has carried him in rankings too much, I agree, but I would still suggest you don't come in his thread and basically admit you haven't actually seen the player and then call him overrated. Undermines your own credibility.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
I'm not worried about my credibility. I am simply saying his stats are terrible. I saw him at Hlinka. Outside of that one game he was meh. I have seen parts of games this year. You are correct he hasn't been given the greatest of opportunities, but those are earned. It's hard to watch all players yes, but from what I've seen he is very over rated. My two cents.

Reactions: Ippenator

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I'm not worried about my credibility. I am simply saying his stats are terrible. I saw him at Hlinka. Outside of that one game he was meh. I have seen parts of games this year. You are correct he hasn't been given the greatest of opportunities, but those are earned. It's hard to watch all players yes, but from what I've seen he is very over rated. My two cents.

So send him to Canada lol

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Bumb, made the WJC will play on the third line with Innala and Räsänen today.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
didn’t get a chance to fully watch the game today, how’d he do?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't think picking him for the team was the correct choice according to this game. I didn't see the practice games but here he looked like he was playing at the completely wrong level.

Well, good news is that if his showings stay like this, he might get more accurate draft rankings in the future lists.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I don't think picking him for the team was the correct choice according to this game. I didn't see the practice games but here he looked like he was playing at the completely wrong level.

Well, good news is that if his showings stay like this, he might get more accurate draft rankings in the future lists.

He would adjust better in the soo...

Reactions: Gohoundsgo

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Him and heponiemi didn't get much ice time at all today but kupari did make one nasty play out of the corner and fed a teammate(don't remember who) but got robbed.

Can definitely see there's something there with kupari.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
He showed flashes of brilliance. Didn't get much ice time overall in this tournament, but I could see him dominating in the u18s this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad