C Raoul Boilard - Baie-Comeau Drakkar, QMJHL (2024 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Have not heard of this player before this season. I'm very surprised how good he's doing.
well it his first season in the Q, so no wonder

he was a 4th round pick in 2022 draft (Gatineau Olympiques)
he played last season in the BCHL for 2 different teams
his rights were traded by Gatineau last summer to Baie-Comeau
he signed with the Drakkar about month later

his 2004 born brother Jules plays also for the Drakkar
(actually, both brothers rights were acquired last summer and both played in the BCHL
for same teams last season)

Last edited:

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
this kid has been impressive every time ive watched him, its only been a handful of games so far and ive noticed he spends a lot of time carrying the puck around the o zone looking for a lane but when he finds his way to the net his hands and release are as quick as anyone ive seen at his age, has some of the best hands in the draft after demidov and celebrini, at least between the players ive watched. really good face off guy, decent defensive instincts hes a solid two-way guy, good hand-eye coordination on pokes and getting his stick on passes, his creativity in the offensive zone is definitely his strength, need to see him more in his own end but Drakkar are a wagon this year. Probably goes early-mid 2nd based on the rankings that are out right now and thats gonna be an amazing value pick. He's 6'2 and i think close to 180 lbs now so hes got the thiccness for teams looking for size and skill down the middle. Would love it if this guys on the Flyer's radar.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Does anyone that follows his team regularly know if he’s playing 3rd line minutes? I was blown away with his ability in the little ive seen him. I know he’s on the second PP, but Im wondering if the ice time explains his little production

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Does anyone that follows his team regularly know if he’s playing 3rd line minutes? I was blown away with his ability in the little ive seen him. I know he’s on the second PP, but Im wondering if the ice time explains his little production
ya he's been the third line center all year with a few games on the 2nd line. he still finished the year as Drakkar's top scoring center and didnt have either of the Justin's on his line to help him but he was playing mostly against lower lines. Still had a really good rookie season in the Q imo

Reactions: Castle8130

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
ya he's been the third line center all year with a few games on the 2nd line. he still finished the year as Drakkar's top scoring center and didnt have either of the Justin's on his line to help him but he was playing mostly against lower lines. Still had a really good rookie season in the Q imo
It's really bizarre for a guy this talented to get such little ice-time. He is a strong 6'2" that is hard to push off the puck. His puck control and ability to takeaway pucks are key attributes that stuck out to me. His smooth hands and passing are the obvious offensive traits in his game as well. He is currently sitting at the end of my 1st round on my board.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
It's really bizarre for a guy this talented to get such little ice-time. He is a strong 6'2" that is hard to push off the puck. His puck control and ability to takeaway pucks are key attributes that stuck out to me. His smooth hands and passing are the obvious offensive traits in his game as well. He is currently sitting at the end of my 1st round on my board.
I think they wanted to give him as many reps at center as they could just to keep his development path in a straight line. those top two lines have some good chemistry already, and the boilard bros always seem to connect on things. kid is just a natural center, great reaction time makes him a wizard on faceoffs too so putting him anywhere else would be a disservice, thats the story Im gonna tell my kids

Reactions: Castle8130

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I think he's the best prospect from the Q, comfortably, this year.

Melovsky and Gagnon were the top two centers and the two of them will likely play pro next season. Not too surprising that he was used often as the third line center on a strong team.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Like what I've seen from this guy. Great awareness and defensive acumen for a forward .,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad