C Quinton Byfield (2020, 2nd, LAK) part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Kings almost have to take Byfield because his raw potential and they can afford to wait a bit. I think the only way they don't take him is if someone blows their socks off with an offer or the Rangers draft him.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Kings almost have to take Byfield because his raw potential and they can afford to wait a bit. I think the only way they don't take him is if someone blows their socks off with an offer or the Rangers draft him.
The latter of which has a 0% chance of happening if we stick at 1 (which I am 99% sure at this point we will).

And Byfield should and likely will go two. This idea he will fall outside the top 3 is beyond silly.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Highly doubt it, but I'm sure NHL organizations track that data for specific prospects that they're looking into.
Very few teams actually have the time and people to manually track data across tons of leagues. They likely outsource the raw-data from consulting firms like Stathletes, but perform their own analytics on it. It makes very little sense to do that all in-house. The value in analytics is primarily in the quality of the people you have analyzing it than the raw collection of it.

For example, NFL teams mostly use PFF to collect raw data for them to analyze. I don't think NFL teams put much value in the score PFF gives players or what PFF values, but they use the large data set to arrive at their own conclusions.

The other issue with micro-stats in a game as fluid as hockey, you are really relying on the trackers to be consistent. Just look at how big a mess tracking simple micro-stats such as hits at the NHL level can be skewed.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
I don't think it would be all that shocking if he fell to 4. I think Laf and Stutz are clearly better prospects and I'm sure there's plenty of NHL scouts who like Rossi/Raymond/Perfetti or even Jarvis more.
Lol. Duck fans have gone off the deep end since the kings were awarded the 2nd pick. Lol. Hilarious to see.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I don't think it would be all that shocking if he fell to 4. I think Laf and Stutz are clearly better prospects and I'm sure there's plenty of NHL scouts who like Rossi/Raymond/Perfetti or even Jarvis more.
How much I like Stützle, the rest of your post is most likely whishful thinking. Raymond possibly.

With Rossi, Perfetti or Jarvis...a riot will break out if Byfield is still on board. You only mention them because they will be available for Anaheim.

In June you were still talking about a top 3, what happened in 2.5 months, just the draft lottery ? C’mon dude.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you actually read the article you’d know where they are located

I did actually read the article, so I don’t need questioning about that. I should’ve read it closer to catch that line where the author mentions that, but it’s still not specific. We don’t know how many are from each territory. Good NHL teams have a very balanced group from different territories. The author doesn’t specify the exact mix.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
How much I like Stützle, the rest of your post is most likely whishful thinking. Raymond possibly.

With Rossi, Perfetti or Jarvis...a riot will break out if Byfield is still on board. You only mention them because they will be available for Anaheim.

In June you were still talking about a top 3, what happened in 2.5 months, just the draft lottery ? C’mon dude.

Not sure exactly what you're referring to but yes my opinion of these prospects has changed over the last 3 months... Like many here I've watched a ton of scouting videos/euro games the last few months. It's not that I think Byfield sucks, I just see why many scouts like other prospects better than him.

I really have no idea what this has to do with being a Ducks fan... If anyone is getting defensive it's Kings fans whenever someone criticizes Byfield. How is it so controversial to believe he wont be the 2nd or 3rd best player in this draft?

I'm also fairly confident the Kings will select Stutzle at 2.

Reactions: Rorschach

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Not sure exactly what you're referring to but yes my opinion of these prospects has changed over the last 3 months... Like many here I've watched a ton of scouting videos/euro games the last few months. It's not that I think Byfield sucks, I just see why many scouts like other prospects better than him.

I really have no idea what this has to do with being a Ducks fan... If anyone is getting defensive it's Kings fans whenever someone criticizes Byfield. How is it so controversial to believe he wont be the 2nd or 3rd best player in this draft?

You sure seem obsessed and invested in Byfield that you repeatedly come in here to say that you hope the Kings do select him because you think he's an inferior player. Is that your only purpose in this discussion about Byfield?

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
You sure seem obsessed and invested in Byfield that you repeatedly come in here to say that you hope the Kings do select him because you think he's an inferior player. Is that your only purpose in this discussion about Byfield?

I do? My first post in the Byfield thread was yesterday and all I said was that it would not be unheard of if Byfield slipped past 3... I'm only back because you guys keep quoting me.

I probably mentioned in the Ducks draft thread that picking Byfield over Stutzle would be a mistake.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

I am not saying you say Byfield sucks either. I do prefer Stützle slightly.

Saying you have no idea what this has to do with being an Anaheim fan is silly. Now you are just acting. Call it defensive, I call it trolling.

Not one Ducks fan would have prefered Jarvis, Rossi, Perfetti over Byfield until the lottery. If the Kings dont take him than Ottawa will.

Last edited:

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I am not saying you say Byfield sucks either. I do prefer Stützle slightly.

Saying you have no idea what this has to do with being an Anaheim fan is silly. Please, now you are just acting. Call it defensive, I call it trolling.

Not one Ducks fan would have prefered Jarvis, Rossi, Perfetti over Stützle or Byfield until the lottery happened.

I dont necessarily prefer them over Byfield either. Just said that it wouldnt be shocking if there's NHL scouts that do

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I dont necessarily prefer them over Byfield either. Just said that it wouldnt be shocking if there's NHL scouts that do
Well you said you would not be surprised he would fell to 4 and that plenty of NHL scouts might prefer others.

Saying there are NHL scouts out there that do, is indeed not shocking and would not have received a reply from me.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I do? My first post in the Byfield thread was yesterday and all I said was that it would not be unheard of if Byfield slipped past 3... I'm only back because you guys keep quoting me.

I probably mentioned in the Ducks draft thread that picking Byfield over Stutzle would be a mistake.

I think I merged you with the other Ducks fan whose been coming in here to play down Byfield.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think I merged you with the other Ducks fan whose been coming in here to play down Byfield.
You guys literally have not even drafted Byfield and you might take Stutzle, we aren't down playing anyone I am just saying I like Stutzle more (you may draft him) Both are obviously elite prospects.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
three more ducks fans and they can form Voltron!

I think they'll form into this thing.
tumblr_omexa2Tws61w27jeoo1_400.gifv

Reactions: Legionnaire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad