C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Outside the thread I've seen a lot of criticism and people saying he won't succeed at the NHL level and is a floater (despite carrying one of the worst teams in the CHL) and is barely a first rounder. From what I've seen.
Really? In addition to the draft forum, I've been following all the lottery teams' draft threads and I've not seen that at all. He seems to be quite well regarded.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Just from a Vancouver point of view, with his high end passing and vision, I could definitely see them playing him at wing and pair along side Horvat! What do you guys think?

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Just from a Vancouver point of view, with his high end passing and Vision I could definitely see them playing him at Wing and par along side Horvat! What do you guys think?

that will be awesome, or we can move Bo Back with Brock and have Peyton play with Petey.

Reactions: Nabrules

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
wonder how good he would be with proper linemates.

We'll get to see that at the U18s in ~10 days.

My hunch is - he's going to look good. He can really find guys on the ice and is great at creating and taking advantage of seams. If we play him with some guys who can finish, the goals will follow.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
He could play center on teams that are weak down the middle but he'd play pretty much exclusively on the wing if he's wearing the oil drop.

Idk Edm is going to need centers when Drais and McPickles request trades out of town :sarcasm:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He was the best player at the TPG imo but yes it's unfortunate he had nothing to help him this past year. U18s will be big for him as far as where he gets picked but in the grand scheme where you go isn't a huge deal

Yeah he'll get some more help over the next season or two in Winnipeg. Especially if they can somehow get both Savoie brothers into the program. either way another summer of development for McCLennon and Lambos who will likely both be on the team could be just the help he needs.

avalancheboi

Nov 16, 2018
Aurora
He reminds me of Barzal and Point when they were in the whl and think that is a realistic upside for him. Also best 2way forward in the draft with the highest compete level.
If Avs drop to 4th I would loooove if we picked him. Might be hard to pass on Byram though.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
He's really a -50? Christ on a bike, that's horrible. I know it's a flawed stat but what in Holy Hell makes a guy who's a minus flipping 50 go in the top 5?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Peyton Krebs? Sounds like a name of somebody who should be playing Polo

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He's really a -50? Christ on a bike, that's horrible. I know it's a flawed stat but what in Holy Hell makes a guy who's a minus flipping 50 go in the top 5?

Hey, could be worse. There's a guy eligible on Swift Current(Connor Horning) who was -77 haha.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Because his team is Kootenay?? If you really have to base your argument on +/- as to why he shouldnt go top 5 youre a fool.

Reactions: Dominance

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Its what happens when you are the best player on a team that was -143. Kootenay was just absolutely awful.

Reactions: Dominance

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

Noah Dobson was was -30 with last place Acadie Bathurst in 28 games before getting traded to first place Rouyn Noranda where he was +40 in 28 games.

Dobson was drafted 12th last year. In CHL if your team is in the begining of a rebuild, one elite player on a team void of high end talent isn't going to move the needle enough to keep pucks out of the net.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

See below

They finished second last in the WHL. They won 13 games out of 68, with a -143 goal differential. His team is terrible.

His team allowed the most goal in the league.

Kootenay Ice : 324
Swift Current Broncos: 301
Regina Pats: 271
Seattle Thunderbirds: 245

79 more goals than the 4th team who allowed the most goals. That's pretty bad. Krebs found a way to score 42 points at even strenght/SH.

Kootenay is/has been terrible for some time. A good season for them is finishing 10 points out of the playoffs. Krebs, White, and McClennon are their only offensive threats, and the fact that he still put up the offensive stats he was able to bodes well in the future. Teams game planned around him all season, but he still found ways to score. Takes a special player to do that.

As mentioned previously, put him in Lethbridge’s top 6 and I expect he would have a very good chance at being the highest scoring WHL’er this year.

PP time with Henry, Ross, Elmer, Leschysysysysysyn, Addison, Bellerive? Hello 90+ points....

Absolutely insane how bad his junior team appears on paper. As a 17/18 year old, he outscored the closest player (a 20 year old) by 16 points.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think he'll go after Turcotte and Byram, likely Dach and Cozens as well. Podklozin is solid kid but the fact he wants to stay in Russia for the foreseeable future may hurt his stock with certain teams. I think he likely goes in the 6-10 range, though some team could have him above both Dach and Cozens.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Because his team is Kootenay?? If you really have to base your argument on +/- as to why he shouldnt go top 5 youre a fool.
Don't get me wrong. He may be a fabulous player. It just seems that because he is in on a team that is soooo bad, he may look better because of it? I just mean maybe there's 5 players in the draft that don't have a question mark this big. But I admittedly haven't seen him. (and at -50, I don't think his goalie has either) I keeeed, I keeeeed....

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Don't get me wrong. He may be a fabulous player. It just seems that because he is in on a team that is soooo bad, he may look better because of it? I just mean maybe there's 5 players in the draft that don't have a question mark this big. But I admittedly haven't seen him. (and at -50, I don't think his goalie has either) I keeeed, I keeeeed....
I feel like the opposite is more likely to be true. Players looking better than they are because they are on a good team.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
I feel bad for this kid. What if he doesn’t blow us all away in a short tournament like the u18s? Does that mean people will lower him on their lists? I currently have him 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad