C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
He was not BPA. Bouchard is not going to be among the best 15 players of that draft.
Wanna lend the time machine you use or are you just going to keep saying anything you can't prove? The kids 19. Give me a break.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If Bouchard is a bad pick, then Boqvist must be even worse.

6 points back of Boqvist with 10 games in hand
Boqvist was the riskiest pick of the draft so he's either boom or bust. No room in between. Bouchard is likely the room in between. No boom, but not a bust. Just a middle of the road #4-6D.

Bouchard won't be a top pairing caliber defender.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Boqvist was the riskiest pick of the draft so he's either boom or bust. No room in between. Bouchard is likely the room in between. No boom, but not a bust. Just a middle of the road #4-6D.

Bouchard won't be a top pairing caliber defender.
We should end the conversation here so this thread doesn't get derailed

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Bouchard is a bad pick, then Boqvist must be even worse.

6 points back of Boqvist with 10 games in hand

Bouchard is the captain of the team, and has been on the team for years. Boqvist is in his first season playing in NA.

Boqvist is also a better player when it comes to parts of the game other than scoring points. Doesn't he also play less minutes per game?

Reactions: Brock Olli Juolevi

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Reminds me a little of Point. I think he's the second best player in this draft personally...

Got to see him play for the first time. Nifty player. Great in tight very quick moves. Retrieved pucks along the boards well too and not afraid to hit. Was coming here to see what people thought was a projection and Brayden Point definely makes sense.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
His brother is 6’4” and he’s listed at 5’11”. Anyone know if he looks taller this year or thinks he still might have room to grow?

Reactions: lanky

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
His brother is 6’4” and he’s listed at 5’11”. Anyone know if he looks taller this year or thinks he still might have room to grow?

When I saw him at the rink he was right around the same height as Jeager White, who is listed at 5'10. They both looked about 5'10 as well. I'd say it's pretty unlikely he grows anymore than an inch and a half to an inch. I'd wager he's not even 5'11 yet. Just one of those weird things where one sibling is much taller than the other.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Does anyone have some insight on his +/- that is second on the team at -50? The team's style of play?

His team allowed the most goal in the league.

Kootenay Ice : 324
Swift Current Broncos: 301
Regina Pats: 271
Seattle Thunderbirds: 245

79 more goals than the 4th team who allowed the most goals. That's pretty bad. Krebs found a way to score 42 points at even strenght/SH.

Reactions: My3Sons

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Does anyone have some insight on his +/- that is second on the team at -50? The team's style of play?

Kootenay is/has been terrible for some time. A good season for them is finishing 10 points out of the playoffs. Krebs, White, and McClennon are their only offensive threats, and the fact that he still put up the offensive stats he was able to bodes well in the future. Teams game planned around him all season, but he still found ways to score. Takes a special player to do that.

As mentioned previously, put him in Lethbridge’s top 6 and I expect he would have a very good chance at being the highest scoring WHL’er this year.

PP time with Henry, Ross, Elmer, Leschysysysysysyn, Addison, Bellerive? Hello 90+ points....

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kootenay is/has been terrible for some time. A good season for them is finishing 10 points out of the playoffs. Krebs, White, and McClennon are their only offensive threats, and the fact that he still put up the offensive stats he was able to bodes well in the future. Teams game planned around him all season, but he still found ways to score. Takes a special player to do that.
This is something I've been considering heavily. For example, the situation is completely different with USNTDP where they absolutely obliterate the vast majority of their opponents and constantly control the play. Krebs's situation is the polar opposite of that. I wonder how heavily the team needs to be weighed, exactly. I too agree that it's very impressive to be able to produce and to make a difference in spite of the team being very poor, that's what is most difficult.

It's very possible Krebs is getting underrated in relation to some USNTDP players due to this.

Reactions: covfefe

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
This is something I've been considering heavily. For example, the situation is completely different with USNTDP where they absolutely obliterate the vast majority of their opponents and constantly control the play. Krebs's situation is the polar opposite of that. I wonder how heavily the team needs to be weighed, exactly. I too agree that it's very impressive to be able to produce and to make a difference in spite of the team being very poor, that's what is most difficult.

It's very possible Krebs is getting underrated in relation to some USNTDP players due to this.

This is something we've been discussing in reasonable detail on the Habs board - @NotProkofievian @G0bias @Mrb1p. Personally, I am not the most versed on the NTDP guys, having watched less than a dozen of their games. So I'm not confident in a cross-comparison in that direction.

However, I have watched an utter shitload of the WHL (and Victoria Grizzlies) last/this year - Krebs has every trait you want in a top 6 FW. The biggest question for me is whether he ends up at C or W.

I think fans tend to not put enough weight into how playing in an adverse situation affects a player. I mean a) it's boring to watch a bad team, and b) we collectively have a very "what have you done for me lately" mentality. Compare that to NHL teams - some of them obviously put a lot weight on extraneous circumstantial factors - see Ty Dellandrea.

At the end of the day, it's really tough to be the best player on a terrible team - and we see very few top prospects on said teams. Most of them are on decent-good teams, while very few top 10 picks come from bottom-feeder teams. And that makes enough sense. So it's a bit of a challenge for evaluators to place those types of guys, and that's what we are seeing with Krebs..

I think a lot of people respect Mark Edwards/HP's rankings the most, and they have Krebs as the top WHL FW right now...

Reactions: CanuckCity

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Cale Fleury fell to the end of the 3rd round off a -61 season in Kootenay a couple of years ago.

He’s followed that up with an excellent season in Regina and currently has 20 points in 49 games as 19 y/o rookie Defenseman in the AHL.

Don’t think teams will make the same mistake with Krebs.

Reactions: Acadien86

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
An excellent player, looks great every time I've seen him play despite having to do everything himself; the best 2-way forward in the draft. I expect he'll have a standout u18s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad