C Patrick Khodorenko - Michigan State, NCAA (2017 undrafted; signed by NYR)

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
I don't know too much about Patrick other than that he was drafted in the second round by the Everett Silvertips of the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft. He's uncommitted so far, though apparently he has stated that if he's invited to the USNTDP he will likely accept. He's regarded as one of the top 2017 draft prospects. Does anyone have any footage of him or any info?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
from all accounts he is heading to the USNDP for the next year minimum.

he is ranked as the #1 prospect for his age group in North America by numerous services and was the star player on Honey Baked the past 2 seasons.

I love the kid. he has elite hands and vision. I have had the pleasure of watching him play numerous times on that stacked Honey Baked team, but he really has the chance to be special. built like an ox IMO, not overly big just amazingly strong legs and so hard to knock off the puck and his feet.

I could also see him going to the WHL after his time with the USNDP, maybe in the same way Kane went from the USNDP to the OHL.

Patrick could be that next star Center that we have been missing, hopefully he and Eichel develope as hoped.

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
from all accounts he is heading to the USNDP for the next year minimum.

he is ranked as the #1 prospect for his age group in North America by numerous services and was the star player on Honey Baked the past 2 seasons.

I love the kid. he has elite hands and vision. I have had the pleasure of watching him play numerous times on that stacked Honey Baked team, but he really has the chance to be special. built like an ox IMO, not overly big just amazingly strong legs and so hard to knock off the puck and his feet.

I could also see him going to the WHL after his time with the USNDP, maybe in the same way Kane went from the USNDP to the OHL.

Patrick could be that next star Center that we have been missing, hopefully he and Eichel develope as hoped.

Thanks for this! I'm interested in seeing how he does next year if he commits to the USNDP. Any pro comparisons?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Excellent player. I like him a lot. He stands out on a loaded Honeybaked team, which in and of itself is saying a lot.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
This kid to me have great hockey sense, great hands, excellent strength like said above, controls the play, has great vision; passing and playmaking, this guy makes others better, what he has to learn is to shoot a bit more and take advantage of his shot, I saw him take some great shots but i see him pass up good quality scoring chances to try to make that amazing pass, but this guy has amazing ability, game breaker imo, I think he challenges for 1st overall.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Just wondering how he is a Silvertips pick? I thought Honeybaked fell under the OHL's draft region.

Pretty sure it's because he's from California and only recently moved to play for Honeybaked.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
I think it has something to do with him coming from California to Detroit

Beat me to it. Unsure of rules when a player must move by, or if it's just dependent on where they're born. Can't find much information on it though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
really getting excited to see how he does with the USNDP this year...

it will be interesting if he can stay a top 3 rated prospect which he currently is, or will he fall like so many other highly ranked kids have this early on.

his draft isn't until 2017 -yuck! a long time to be under a microscope.

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State

it will be interesting if he can stay a top 3 rated prospect which he currently is, or will he fall like so many other highly ranked kids have this early on.

How often does that happen with the USNTDP though? It seems the crop gets better and better every year. Great program.

I was a bit sad, but not surprised when Patrick made his commitment to the NTDP because I wouldn't be able to see him in Everett this year. But then I realized right now it's probably for the best that he stays there. I'm expecting him to play for Everett in his draft year, same with Auston Mathews actually. They've always stayed in contact with Everett's GM, and Patrick did come to training camp last season.

I'm looking forward to Patrick tearing up the USHL next season.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto

Hopefully we don't the classic over analysis with him, he really is a unique talent.

Gramps

May 15, 2014
Anyone have a chance to watch Khodorenko play with the U-17 team this year?

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Anyone know if he was at the US National Development Camp in Lake Placid this year? I usually go to the camp each year but wasn't able to make it this season. He seems too young to have been at the camp, but considering all the hype, I was wondering if he was there.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
hasn't been the greatest start to the year for the kid. a ton of talent on the u17 team, but need to see a lot more from him especially with him looking average at the u17 tourney..Keller and Jones look to have jumped over him as the top guns.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
hasn't been the greatest start to the year for the kid. a ton of talent on the u17 team, but need to see a lot more from him especially with him looking average at the u17 tourney..Keller and Jones look to have jumped over him as the top guns.

good thing is Khodorenko is a late bday so he will have a whole year on top of Keller or Jones to work things out.....I love his hands, vision and passing, personally i do not have him ranked number 1 anymore though but i still think he will be a top 10 talent for the draft.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Still a top 5 prospect?

I don't know how much upside he has tbh, he physically developed early compared to his peers now seems to be struggling against competition who are as strong or stronger physically than him. He may have been a case of an early bloomer.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
This is really the first time he's ever had to play second fiddle too. He's always been the top player, or top 2 player on every team he's been on.

For his development, it would probably help if Jones and Keller both leave the program and he gets a shot at the 1st line and 1st PP. If he earns it.

He could just be an early bloomer, or the late birthday could finally be catching up to him. He is probably one of the youngest players in the USHL.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
To be fair, this is his first year in the USHL (as a 16 year old mind you). It's still two years early for him. As of right now, I'd keep a good top 10 factor with him for sure.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Patrick ended up finishing the year on a very strong note with 7 goals and 5 assists in the last 9 games. This run coincided with Clayton Keller's move up to the U18 squad which gave Patrick better linemates and ice time.

Given how young he is and the way he finished the season, I'm really interested to see how he does next year. Definitely one to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad