C Patrick Harper - Boston University, NCAA (138th, 2016, NSH)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Didn't see a thread about this, so I figured i'd start one to keep tabs on this kid.

He scored 8 goals in 2 exhibition games playing on BU's top line... 5 in the first game, 3 in the second. To top it off, he scored 2 more in the season opener vs Colgate. The read on him after being drafted out of Avon Old Farms was that he is tremendously skilled, a natural goal scorer, but would have to overcome his lack of size. The early returns are good. I had already planned to watch as much BU as possible to keep up with Dante Fabbro, but I'll have a curious eye on this one as well.

My initial instinct was that it had to be a product of playing with Bellows, Keller, McAvoy, Fabbro, Krys, etc...but from speaking to a couple of the guys who cover the Terriers via Twitter, he's been creating the offense on his own and even gaining time and space for some of those other guys through his work with the puck.

Interesting fifth round pick.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
It will be interesting to watch him play on the same team as Keller this season. They have the same birthday and Keller is listed as being only an inch taller, but one guy went 7th OA (and I feel he should have gone higher) and the other went in the 5th round. If Harper can keep up his play and keep up with Keller that will be a heck of a story.

I watched the first two periods or so of the BU vs Colgate game and he definitely seemed to make the offense for himself.

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Didn't see a thread about this, so I figured i'd start one to keep tabs on this kid.

He scored 8 goals in 2 exhibition games playing on BU's top line... 5 in the first game, 3 in the second. To top it off, he scored 2 more in the season opener vs Colgate. The read on him after being drafted out of Avon Old Farms was that he is tremendously skilled, a natural goal scorer, but would have to overcome his lack of size. The early returns are good. I had already planned to watch as much BU as possible to keep up with Dante Fabbro, but I'll have a curious eye on this one as well.

My initial instinct was that it had to be a product of playing with Bellows, Keller, McAvoy, Fabbro, Krys, etc...but from speaking to a couple of the guys who cover the Terriers via Twitter, he's been creating the offense on his own and even gaining time and space for some of those other guys through his work with the puck.

Harper has been playing on BU's first line with Bruins 2nd round pick Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson and Bobo Carpenter (Bob Carpenter's son). It doesn't take long to realize that he's very quick and elsuive, gets his shot off extremely quickly and accurately and is blessed with that sense to know where to be in the offensive zone.

Here's link to BU game highlights, which is regularly update. Unfortunately no highlight reel of the Colgate game, but there's link to a full-game replay. http://terrierhockey2.blogspot.com/2016/10/2016-17-game-highlights.html

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Harper has been playing on BU's first line with Bruins 2nd round pick Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson and Bobo Carpenter (Bob Carpenter's son). It doesn't take long to realize that he's very quick and elsuive, gets his shot off extremely quickly and accurately and is blessed with that sense to know where to be in the offensive zone.

Here's link to BU game highlights, which is regularly update. Unfortunately no highlight reel of the Colgate game, but there's link to a full-game replay. http://terrierhockey2.blogspot.com/2016/10/2016-17-game-highlights.html

Didn't realize Bobo was Bobby's son, but I guess I should have.

Thanks for the insight, feel free to keep us updated! :handclap:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

This is really good to hear. Hope he keeps up the good work.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
He's looking great so far. Nobody was talking about him because of guys like Keller, Bellows, Fabbro, McAvoy, etc. It's amazing how he's been able to stand out in such a stacked group. Don't forget, he's a freashman. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up. BU is in for a hell of a season.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
5 points in 3 games, leads BU in points, ahead of top prospects like Keller, Bellows, Forsbacka-Karlsson, McAvoy, Fabbro.

Preds' 2016 draft selections list looks mighty impressive

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
8 points in 5 games damn it another lost prospect
He was drafted less than a year ago, the only prospect of note you have lost is Vesey who you didn't even offer a contract to til he had finished his junior year. Stop whining about it and move on.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
A bump. Patrck signed his ELC last year, with Predators, is signed for this and the next season.

He finished with about 120 points in 128 games in the NCAA - 2018 NCAA Hockey East Champion
Played two WJC, 1 gold, 1 bronze

Played his first 5 pro games in the ECHL this season, will play in the AHL (Wolves) once it starts.
5 goals, 4 assists in 5 games for the Everblades, was +4, no penalty minutes.

His first and the only preseason in the AHL game will be on this Thursday.
Chicago Wolves first game February 5th.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I thought he looked pretty good in the Preds two scrimmage games in training camp too. Not close to ready for the NHL or anything, but very good hands and smart with the puck. So tiny though. We have a number of short players already, but he still looks like a bit of a twig even beside some of those other short players. We'll see how adapts to the AHL over the next couple years.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad