C Oscar Lindberg (2010, 57th, ARZ; traded 2011, NYR)

JBeast

Oct 22, 2007
Skellefteå
What kind of player is Lindberg and where does he project to go in this years NHL draft. His stats with the under 20 team this year are very good. NJ seems to be having success with Swedish prospects recently.

I´d say that Oscar Lindberg is a more physical but a little less talented version of Jacob Josefsson. He´s a skilled 2-way center with excellent faceoff skill and decent size(183 cm / 6'0" Weight: 84 kg / 185 lbs).

It´s not impossible that he´s drafted early in the second round. But I guess it´s more realistic to say that he´s going to be picked in the third or fourth round.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Oscar Lindberg

I know Detroit scout Hakan Andersson was checking him out in the SEL playoffs. If Andersson was considering to do one of his patented late round steals I think he can forget about it since Lindberg just scored a hattrick when Sweden beat Finland 5-2 in the U19 tourney. Ought to be an eye-opener to many scouts. He may well be a late climber. My personal opinion is that he should be something of a 2nd round pick. He's outscoring Klingberg in this tourney and I think Klingberg was picked in the 2nd round last draft, correct me if Im wrong. He's listed for quite many SEL games this season but he had limited TOI until the last games of the season which was a pity and kept his production down. However in six international U19 games for Sweden this season he's scored 10points. Quick, good skater and nice puck handling. Other opinions on Lindberg? (Im already preparing to be accused of pimping). KRM always have something derogatory to say about the Skelleftea prospects for unknown reasons... :)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I liked what I saw from him. He is another quality 2-way player with some grit. Offensive instincts while not elite are quite fine and he looks promising.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Oscar Lindberg

Just curious if anyone has seen this guy play over in Sweden.

I thought he was projected as a good defensive center who excelled at faceoffs.

I just noticed he put up some pretty big numbers this year and has now scored OT winners in two consecutive games in the playoffs.

Any idea what his future might be?

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Maybe I posted this in the wrong place.

I was just curious as he ended up with 50+ points in the regular season and I think that is a reach in that League for players as young as he.

And again, just looking at the box scores from the playoffs, I was surprised he scored the OT game-winner in two straight.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
Lindberg has been a playoff warrior for three years straight, even though most of his icetime has been on the fourth line. He's as clutch as they come.

Regarding his potential it's still probable he'll be and should be penned as a third line defensive center with offensive upside. Lindberg plays on the best team in SEL which put up offensive numbers far above the competition so keep that in mind when evaluating a single player (Lindberg) from the lineup.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Thanks for the info...

I am also curious if he is a "tough" player. I know being "tough" means different things in both leagues, but is he a player that can stand up to the NHL guys? I see that he had quite a few penalty minutes as well...does he "mix it up" or were those "bad" penalties?

And I thank you again for the info...

richardsequalscup*

If Lindberg was property of Detroit, he would be ranked in the top 50 prospects on this site. All the guy does is score, play great defense and win tons of faceoff's every game. To me should be ranked a 6A because he's about as much of a lock as a future NHL third line center can be.

Jacques Strap

Aug 12, 2005
Question for you Swedish guys. What player does Oscar Lindberg remind you of and what is his potential as a player in the NHL? Thanks.

Shyguy

Mar 20, 2010
Question for you Swedish guys. What player does Oscar Lindberg remind you of and what is his potential as a player in the NHL? Thanks.

Similar to most other swedish forwards: smart two-way game, good at face-offs, decent hockeysense and few weaknesses in his game. He's pretty hard-nosed and while perhaps not a "phsyical" player by NA standards, he's far from soft. I'd say his absolute ceiling is as a #2C, more likely a #3 IMO. If some swedes have things to add, that'd be great.

Green Blob*

Lindberg named SEL PLAYOFF MVP!!

WOW!

Rangers got a Gem from the Yotes.

richardsequalscup*

Yet he hardly gets a mention from anybody in the media. Laughable. Hate to say it but it's anti-NY bais. If you look at the amount of young players NY has drafted below the top 10 or traded for and developed that are playing either on the Rangers or other teams it's a ton. You would think the media would have caught up to the fact that the Rangers scouting department is awesome now.

Jun 30, 2008
Sweden
I get the feeling that he's a little modest, and perhaps a little shy. He has been breaking through that shell immensely though, and he has let his skills show on the ice. He's an amazingly talented guy, and he'll definitely be a good asset to the New York Rangers. Treat him well, and you'll get a lot back from him.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Yet he hardly gets a mention from anybody in the media. Laughable. Hate to say it but it's anti-NY bais. If you look at the amount of young players NY has drafted below the top 10 or traded for and developed that are playing either on the Rangers or other teams it's a ton. You would think the media would have caught up to the fact that the Rangers scouting department is awesome now.

No, it isn't. It's the nature of how things go. He was a 2nd round pick and has spent his entire career in Sweden. Naturally, he's not going to have the same kind of following in North America as NCAA/CHL players or the elite guys in Europe like Tarasenko last year or Adam Larsson a few years prior. Chris Kreider got all of the fanfare and media attention one could imagine. Put away the tin foil hat. It's ridiculous.

PJ A Oates

Sep 26, 2012
No, it isn't. It's the nature of how things go. He was a 2nd round pick and has spent his entire career in Sweden. Naturally, he's not going to have the same kind of following in North America as NCAA/CHL players or the elite guys in Europe like Tarasenko last year or Adam Larsson a few years prior. Chris Kreider got all of the fanfare and media attention one could imagine. Put away the tin foil hat. It's ridiculous.

Well, Jesper Fast gets a lot more exposure and he's drafted much later and they put up similar number (some edge to Lindberg though).

richardsequalscup*

I personally see the line of Hagelin-Lindberg-Fast playing together for years if they hire a coach unlike Torts who doesn't change lines every 2 seconds.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Don't have anything to do with NHL teams. He's a partial brynäs fan that thinks Järnkrok is the next Forsberg. That should give you an idea.

Woot?... aaw did I say something bad about one of yours? Theres nothing about Lindberg that stands out to me, I just think he'll be just another young swede that will have a hard time making a splash, ala Josefsson etc. No

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I was pretty impressed with how he played against Canada in the WC quarterfinal. I don't think he'll make an impact in the NHL right away but I think he has the potential to become an Alex Steen dow the road.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
I cant see this guy becoming an nhler, I really cant

The user "Jaques Strap" requested your motivation to that statement. (see post above). I am also very interested in hearing what you base your opinion on. Why dont you see Lindberg becoming an NHLer?
We are all ears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad