RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not sure if I'd put both snipers on Barzal's wing. Rather put someone similar to Beauvillier who can retrieve the puck to find Barzal to find his wingers.

Then you can also put one winger with whoever ends up our 2C (Jack Hughes, maybe :naughty:)
I did it just for pure optics!

Elite playmaker, with potentially two elite snipers...yikes the Isles might score more goals without JT lol!!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Wahlstrom off to a good start to his NCAA career. Freshman and he’s the top line winger.

Man I love that guy, wish somehow we had another top 10 pick to get Wahlstrom he is gonna be such a beauty. Glad and NOT suprised hes already doing so well

Reactions: SI90

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

That game was vs the University of New Brunswick. Surprised he got a Hockey-East freshman of the week for an exhibition game. I mean, BC treated it as an exhibition with them using a different goalie each period.

He should still light up the NCAA and Hockey-East with that shot if his teammates find him.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
LOL they drafted him with Calgary's pick.

Technically it was Dobson we drafted with Calgary's pick. Personally between the choice of both I would take Dobson. I am always curious if the Islanders only had 1 pick which one they would have taken(I have a theory that they went with Wahlstrom first since he is more marketable and to see if they can drive up the price for the 12th pick)

He should still light up the NCAA and Hockey-East with that shot if his teammates find him.

The only problem with that shot is that is Barzal's sweet spot on the PP, and Pulock's sweet spot as well. Going to be crowded if all 3 are on the ice together. lol

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
The only problem with that shot is that is Barzal's sweet spot on the PP, and Pulock's sweet spot as well. Going to be crowded if all 3 are on the ice together. lol
Considering none of them are net-front guys, it'd be impossible to put all 3 on their strong side on PP1. There's only 2 RHS spots.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Still so disappointed that he didn't fall to the Stars. So close ugh he was a top 5 guy for me in the draft

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Appears to be struggling out of the gate. Just 1 goal and point in his first 5 games.

Slightly worrisome, I hope he gets it as a message to compete a bit harder, but I can't see his shot not translating to the NHL level.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Slightly worrisome, I hope he gets it as a message to compete a bit harder, but I can't see his shot not translating to the NHL level.
to be fair, BC as a whole has been a mess. So its not just him. But i am feeling better and better at picking Kravtsov over Wahlstrom. I think Wahlstroms gonna be a valuable player, but a guy who will have to play with a dynamic center/ line mates. He's the type of guy who can play with and use his shot effectively when he has someone that can utilize his strengths.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
to be fair, BC as a whole has been a mess. So its not just him. But i am feeling better and better at picking Kravtsov over Wahlstrom. I think Wahlstroms gonna be a valuable player, but a guy who will have to play with a dynamic center/ line mates. He's the type of guy who can play with and use his shot effectively when he has someone that can utilize his strengths.

#Barzal

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
people need to look around college hockey right now, scoring is down, and the top kids ALL are either not getting the minutes or their teams are struggling overall..even Quinn Hughes hasn't been producing like expected...thins typically open up more second half as teams start playing their freshmen more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad