C Nathan Noel (2016, 113rd, CHI; traded to PHI)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
This kid is playing in Shattuck St Mary's this year and is 6 games, 6 goals, 6 assists for 12 points...This kid is going to be one of the biggest names in hockey prospects soon like nathan Mackinnon...

He is an extremly fast skater who has amazing acceleration and great agility; he does everything at high speed; great with the puck he seems to have the puck on a string at times; great shooter, he takes advantage of his speed to move wide and has that deadly scoring ability; he is also a very good playmaker and passer; he is very physical as well and never gives up on the play at all, he is always giving 110%. He reminds me of Nathan Mackinnon at the same age and he has the skill to back that claim up, I personally think he is making strides to possibly move infront of Deschesne for top 97 in Atlantic Canada.

I just watched him at the Atlantic Challenge Cup this tournament he finished with 4 games...7 goals...4 assists for 11 points playing for Newfoundland.

Also keep an eye on Andrew Picco who also played for NFLD, he also plays for Shattuck this year, he plays defense and is 6'2/195...he is very good at both ends of the ice, plays a pronger style defense, he is still raw because at his size right now he looks awkward a bit...but the talent is very very high and he had Agents drooling there but he signed with the same agent Noel did and this is the same agent who has Hopkins, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Daniel Briere, Derrick Brassard, MA Fleury.

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Good to hear, you are often the first person to come up with these names scoutman. Keep it up!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ben Duffy was given much hype as well, and although he turned out to be a very good QMJHL player, he never lived up to the hype. How does Noel compare to Duffy at the same age?

BCShark

Feb 21, 2007
he can really pass the puck too, most of his set ups are gift wrapped

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Ben Duffy was given much hype as well, and although he turned out to be a very good QMJHL player, he never lived up to the hype. How does Noel compare to Duffy at the same age?

oh there is no comparison...noel is way faster on his skates, he is a lot tougher and WAYYYYYY more physical....and his ability to take over a game is something Duffy never showed....and Noel's competitive ability is WAY beyond Duffy's......Noel is on the same level as Mackinnon for talent at the same age...and a person with work ethic like that and competitive nature that is what seperates the best players from other players that do not turn out...you would not beleive what work ethic, heart and competitive nature have to do with a players development, and Noel has all that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sounds interesting, So he is the best forward prospect from the Q for 97's, would you have him put up there with the rest of Canada?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Sounds interesting, So he is the best forward prospect from the Q for 97's, would you have him put up there with the rest of Canada?

I would have him up there for all of Canada yes...but I think Connor McDavid is the best 97 forward in all of Canada, I think Barzel is pretty good too, those three would be the best in canada for there age IMO.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
C Nathan Noel - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (2015 Draft)

Until fairly recently, i'd thought about 97 as (1) McDavid; (2) Noel; (3) Barzal...a few months ago i had the opportunity to see more of Barzal and started to think that , at this point, he was ahead of Noel - and the recent mentorship cup game appears to have confirmed that. it kind of turned into a mcdavid/barzal show and noel was part of the scenery.

a couple of questions. for those who are familiar with noel, was this just an unfortunate week for him or his he not at the level of of Barzal/McDavid. any sense what he's going to do re the Q draft (when eligible?)...it would seem he's sufficiently elite he's not just going to show up anywhere - has he started to game things NCAA-wise yet?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Off topic, your take on Daniel Sprong ?

Noel should go 1 in the Q if he reports..

i haven't seen him enough to comment (and i'm not one who likes to comment to hear my own voice).

Re: noel - yes, that's what i was wondering - from what i've seen of his Q year he seems like #1 .. but of course the question, whether you like it or not, is why report if it's not your desired team (when you're as high end as he is)...not saying it's right...but it is what it is. i'm assuming he'll either scare teams off with NCAA whining until he falls to his desired team..or some team will call his bluff and hold him hostage until Desired Team pays an acceptable ransom.

stamkosisboss

Mar 27, 2010
Leafs Nation
I thought really highly of him as well, but in the mentorship game he really just seemed like the rest of the players. Connor looked like he was barely trying and still played incredibly and Barzal was looking really solid as well. Noel did not stand out a bit

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Noel did not play on the best line with Gauthier never passing the puck....Noel is better than what was shown at the Mentorship cup game...BUT he is not growing well and is staying slender and small...I myself think Barzal has past him development wise and by next year I think the Jeremie Roy will give him a BIG BIG fight for 1st overall......all that said Noel is still a great talent, amazing playmaker, good speed and physical and gritty, if he grows more and puts on strength because (he is very very skinny) he will be up with Barzal but will never hang with McDavid.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Noel did not play on the best line with Gauthier never passing the puck....Noel is better than what was shown at the Mentorship cup game...BUT he is not growing well and is staying slender and small...I myself think Barzal has past him development wise and by next year I think the Jeremie Roy will give him a BIG BIG fight for 1st overall......all that said Noel is still a great talent, amazing playmaker, good speed and physical and gritty, if he grows more and puts on strength because (he is very very skinny) he will be up with Barzal but will never hang with McDavid.
Jeremy Roy should dominate AAA this year, he will take the Gaulois far.

Scoutman, can you tell me about Skylar Strumas and Daniel Sprong ?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Jeremy Roy should dominate AAA this year, he will take the Gaulois far.

Scoutman, can you tell me about Skylar Strumas and Daniel Sprong ?

I do not know Skylar Strumas at all yet but Sprong I do know, he is a very good dipsey doodle player, likes to shoot the puck, a pretty good passer too he should go pretty high in the draft...I hope he plays Quebec Midget rather than stay in the USA next year to play.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site

Barzal is not big either, but him and McDavid looked a hell of a lot better than Noel.

Can you tell us why you were hyping Noel like you were?

McDavid and Barzal the last 2 or 3 yrs speak for themselves(stats, tournaments, etc.)

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I do not know Skylar Strumas at all yet but Sprong I do know, he is a very good dipsey doodle player, likes to shoot the puck, a pretty good passer too he should go pretty high in the draft...I hope he plays Quebec Midget rather than stay in the USA next year to play.
I believe that he'll be playing for Oakville (SCTA) next season.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
I thought Noel had a couple of really good shifts in the Mentorship game, but was a peripheral player for the most part. I guess I expected more, but maybe it was just because McDavid and Barzal stole the show.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I feel like too many people are judging him solely on the Mentorship game. I've never seen him live so I only keep track of him by scoutman's posts but 1 game shouldn't be one to judge a player even if it's the Mentorship game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad