C Morgan Frost (2017, 27th, PHI)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hah I was going to start a thread for him a couple days ago, after taking him in a mock draft and seeing no thread, but I got sidetracked.

I personally think the depth in the 2nd drops off a bit towards the middle, at least how I have it, where I'm not seeing a ton of names with what I think have some real steal potential in that round. I think Frost could be one. I would take him much higher than 45 even.

Love his game for many reasons you described -- so adept at controlling play on the puck and slowing it down; great passing; excellent hockey IQ in both ends; high compete; and really looks like a projectable center. IQ and skill and effort like his is projectable and has great upside. His TPG skating results surprised me because I thought that his skating needs work on his first few steps, especially from a stop. In stride thought it was good with more potential too, but I think it's something that could be worked on still to get to another level. Could stand to just move his feet more too. But clearly he flashes top end speed. He just feels physically raw too at 6' 170lbs where physical development could do wonders -- skating and otherwise. I just really like his game, and if I'm picking in the 2nd he has potential steal written on him to me. Floor and ceiling.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Where do you guys see him going in the draft? Feels like a darkhorse candidate to sneak into the 1st. Haven't seen much of him but his skillset is impressive. Have to think there's plenty of room to grow there once he matures physically.

Reactions: daa5250

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Where do you guys see him going in the draft? Feels like a darkhorse candidate to sneak into the 1st. Haven't seen much of him but his skillset is impressive. Have to think there's plenty of room to grow there once he matures physically.

Called it ZZ!

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
I'm gonna be honest. I am a pretty serious hockey fan who is familiar with pretty much every first rounder today - except Frost. Until his name was called I had never heard of him before. I hope he turns out to be great to show the people like me, who had never heard of him, how good he really is.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Bit of a reach?

It's funny because I have thought a few of Hextalls picks in the past were 7-8 spots early (Sanheim, Morin) but he seems to have an eye for late risers. Plus, if you like a player then get him even if it's 10 spots earlier then the experts project them.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's funny because I have thought a few of Hextalls picks in the past were 7-8 spots early (Sanheim, Morin) but he seems to have an eye for late risers. Plus, if you like a player then get him even if it's 10 spots earlier then the experts project them.

Morin was a Homer pick, but yeah.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
He looked good in the rookie game vs. the isles. I am expecting Rubstov and Frost to have huge years.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
His numbers look pretty good so far. Any reports from someone watching him play? How's he look.
Very consistent and solid overall, and not afraid to flash creativity or his competitive fire to make great plays at either end of the ice. If he continues on his present development track, the Flyers have found themselves a very good and dependable top-6er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad