C Mitchell Stephens - London Knights, OHL (2015, 33rd, TBL)

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Never thought he was 6'0 190lbs with that style of play. I was very impressed with him at the U18 as well, reminds me of a bigger Brendan Gallagher. Looks like a good leader, leading by example with his work ethic.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Never thought he was 6'0 190lbs with that style of play. I was very impressed with him at the U18 as well, reminds me of a bigger Brendan Gallagher. Looks like a good leader, leading by example with his work ethic.

we almost put that comparison, bigger brendan gallagher

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Great to see him sign with the Bolts. When he came back from injury he was one of the only bright spots on an epically underachieving Saginaw team this year. He's a sound two way player that has spent both time at center and right wing in the OHL. He posses an explosive first step but I'd love to see him utilize it more consistently and in a more dangerous manner. It just seems like there are long stretch where he's going at about 85% and you know there is another gear there, you're just waiting for it to come it out. If he can tap into that next level he has for a sustained period of time, he'll be able to control games at the OHL level at least.

Last edited:

whlscowt

Great to see him sign with the Bolts. When he came back from injury he was one of the only bright spots on an epically underachieving Saginaw team this year. He's a sound two way player that has spent both time at center and right wing in the OHL but because he's been at RW for most of his international play, stayed there for the second half of this year and I think that's where you're going to see him at the NHL level if he makes it there. He posses an explosive first step but I'd love to see him utilize it more consistently and in a more dangerous manner. It just seems like there are long stretch where he's going at about 85% and you know there is another gear there, you're just waiting for it to come it out. If he can tap into that next level he has for a sustained period of time, he'll be able to control games at the OHL level at least.

I watched Saginaw a little more late this season to see how they faired without Sadowy to gain more perspective. He played center a lot more than right wing. And forgive me if I'm wrong, wasn't he playing center for Canada at the U20's on the checking line? I distinctly remember him taking taking key draws and patrolling the center of the ice. For me with that lineup in Saginaw, and considering it's his natural position, I can't see him changing it next season. I think Tampa said they liked him there too.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I know he's played RW for U18 IIRC but I could be wrong. Either way he played both this year was the main point so the possibility of him playing wing at the next level isn't out of the question.

Edited my OP to fix error.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad