C Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2022, 9th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Well before my time but my old man says he reminds him of a bigger Yvon Cournoyer.

Wow, a true blast from the past there.....if I remember correctly (he was a bit before my time so just going off what I heard and some old video youtube footage) he was a true roadrunner, perhaps a much better skater than Savoie but smaller as well.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Wow, a true blast from the past there.....if I remember correctly (he was a bit before my time so just going off what I heard and some old video youtube footage) he was a true roadrunner, perhaps a much better skater than Savoie but smaller as well.

Much better? I don't think I'd even call McDavid much better, better yes. Savoie is a damn good skater

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If I’m #1, I consider making a cheeky move and trading down to 2 if the team with the 2nd pick wants wright

I think if you are in the #1 pick, you kinda “have” to take Wright…but Savoie to me feels like he will also be a special player

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If I’m #1, I consider making a cheeky move and trading down to 2 if the team with the 2nd pick wants wright

I think if you are in the #1 pick, you kinda “have” to take Wright…but Savoie to me feels like he will also be a special player
I would just take Savoie and be done with it. No reason to get cute. And there's really no reason you have to take Wright. Wright should be a good player but I don't see the franchise changing potential that I see in Savoie.

It's kind of like the Hischier / Patrick draft. Hischier hasn't been perfect, but I'm so glad the Devils took him instead of the long time consensus pick in Patrick.

[Mod]: Part 2 created here: C Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2022 Draft) - PART 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad