C Matthew Boucher - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2016 undrafted)

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Matthew Boucher
1997-12-17
5'9
175 lbs

He's having a hell of a season this year in the Q. He's the 2016 Draft eligible forward with the most points in the league so far (10+15 in 20 games, on pace for 85 points) and he has never been considered but if he keeps up like that he might become a late draft pick or an invite.

He's a hard working center who does well along the boards despite his size. He can play in all situations (ES, PP, PK) and he's good at winning faceoffs.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I mocked him in the 3rd round and people thought I was nuts. Nobody paid him any mind, but every time I watched him, he was one of the hardest workers on the ice who mixed it up physically and finished his checks. But all that stuff is gravy because he's actually a very talented offensive player.

I get he's not the biggest guy on the ice, but he's got NHL bloodlines and he's earned big minutes on a rebuilding team.

There might be more to the story as to why he's been overlooked, but from a pure on-ice standpoint, he's worth a draft pick.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I mocked him in the 3rd round and people thought I was nuts. Nobody paid him any mind, but every time I watched him, he was one of the hardest workers on the ice who mixed it up physically and finished his checks. But all that stuff is gravy because he's actually a very talented offensive player.

I get he's not the biggest guy on the ice, but he's got NHL bloodlines and he's earned big minutes on a rebuilding team.

There might be more to the story as to why he's been overlooked, but from a pure on-ice standpoint, he's worth a draft pick.

He has always been a good offensive player, everywhere he played. He has a hard wrist shot and good speed. He only had 8 goals and 8 assists with Drummondville last season but they were barely playing him. Fourth liner on one of the worst teams in the league won't get you much attention. But this season he has been doing really well with the minutes he has been given. He had a hat trick last Thursday with 2 goals on the PK.

So far, he's 3rd in points among 2016 NHL Draft eligibles in the QMJHL behind Dubois and Abramov.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
No love at all. :laugh:

25 goals and 23 assists in 41 games.

He trails only P-L Dubois by a goal among QMJHL Draft eligibles. 3rd in goals behind Dubois and Julien Gauthier.

He's still 3rd in points behind Dubois and Abramov.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
No love at all. :laugh:

25 goals and 23 assists in 41 games.

He trails only P-L Dubois by a goal among QMJHL Draft eligibles. 3rd in goals behind Dubois and Julien Gauthier.

He's still 3rd in points behind Dubois and Abramov.

I have him as an HM in my top 60 rankings. His size and lack of people paying attention to the Q are some reasons for lack of talk.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Yeah I dont get the size thing either. He's one of the Q's top goal scorers and he's a draft eligible.

Back-to-back 2g games without Timashov so they cant use that excuse either.

He has 11 goals and 2 assists in 8 games since Timashov left.

They didn't play much together before though. Only on the PP.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Yes that's the big head scratcher. They must know something we don't and probably not hockey related. Can't think of any other possible reason.

Can't really say size when Kevin Klima is on the list. He's smaller and in his 2nd year of eligibility.

Maybe skating? He's not slow but for a player his size he could be faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad