C Markus Granlund (2011, 45th overall, Calgary)

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005

Edit. Okey, thanks I didn't know this easier way of embedding vids, however I've always used the embedd link and it has worked before, so I still blame youtube. ;)

Last edited:

English

Jul 30, 2009
Definitely very tasty, especially considering the very little time he had to make it.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Wow, so off the back of the net to himself then picked it up and flipped it top shelf? Very slick.

He's the next Joel Armia.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
The size of that rink is mind bottling.

Nice goal though. :clap: Hopefully he is able to translate his skill well enough to make the NHL in a few years.

lol @ the blades of glory reference
I loved Mikael Granlunds helmet in that clip...
Dandy goal but he's still nowhere near his brother. Should be an interesting brother duo to watch.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Filthy. Just like the Mike Legg goal for Michigan way back when. No one should be able to do that kind of thing in a game.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
lol @ the blades of glory reference
I loved Mikael Granlunds helmet in that clip...
Dandy goal but he's still nowhere near his brother. Should be an interesting brother duo to watch.

Yep, nowhere near his brother, but he's really become a decent SM-liiga player, which is much more than expected at the start of the season. He's not as good as Mikael was in his first year on HIFK, but right now he's not much worse. His confidence level is through the roof right now.

I love this type of lacrosse goal, without doing puch of a scooping motion with the stick. sick goal! and in a tight spot, 3rd period, 10 min to go and trailing by one

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I believe that is the second time Markus has scored such a goal, the first time coming before his Brother did so. Anyways thats a moot point, brilliant goal Markus!

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Lacrosse goals are always nice to watch. Everything was set up for him, no defender around and goalie was already down so there was alot of room to put the puck in.. Not that impressive compared to his brother's goal, buut i guess he had to get this out of the way, after the fame Mikael got he obviously just had to do it :)

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
It says M. Granlund on the back of his jersey? What's the point of that when his brother's name starts with M. What does Mikael's jersey say?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad