C Marco Rossi (2020, 9th, MIN) Part II

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
He should start in AHL and earn his place in the top. First guy in when one of your centers get injured. Otherwise, let him log high minutes in AHL and see where he is at. Preferably let him play like 7-8 games in big league to get a good look, or if he is good, let him stay in NHL.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
It won't take long for Rossi to make it into the Wild top 6, the kid is an absolute stud, he's gonna light it up.....quickly

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
It's a shame he missed nearly an entire development year. Otherwise he could probably step into Minnesota's top 6 in 2021-2022

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
I'm really rooting for this kid. I was high on him pre-draft and thought he would be a top line player. With the year he had, it would be such a great story if he overcomes it and comes into the NHL firing in all cylinders.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
A quick search says most people recover fully even without any sort of treatment which is fantastic.

Did they ever confirm if he had any damage done to his heart or not? I'm guessing he was lucky and didn't bc they'd probably have said otherwise by now

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A quick search says most people recover fully even without any sort of treatment which is fantastic.

Did they ever confirm if he had any damage done to his heart or not? I'm guessing he was lucky and didn't bc they'd probably have said otherwise by now
If his heart was damaged he wouldn't be playing. Right now his main obstacles are getting his fitness level and game reflexes back, and making up for lost playing time. I hope that MN takes it easy with him, and doesn't stick him in the NHL prematurely due to their need for a top 6 C. A little patience now will pay off down the line.

Reactions: hn777

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
So if he keeps this up he stands a real good chance of cracking the NHL lineup this year eh? He looks sharp!
On one hand Guerin didn't call up Boldy for the Vegas series despite Boldy being well over PPG in AHL, but on the other hand Rossi only has to beat out Victor Rask, Nico Sturm and possibly Ryan Hartman for a spot. Smart money is he spends the first part of the year in Iowa.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Even amongst the elite company he was drafted with (Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti, Stutzle, Quinn), this kids drive to get better and make a big impact stands out, my guess is that after Guerin is forced to watch Victor Rask flail about for the first 3rd of the season, Rossi gets the call-up and they're never able to send him down after that.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Even amongst the elite company he was drafted with (Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti, Stutzle, Quinn), this kids drive to get better and make a big impact stands out, my guess is that after Guerin is forced to watch Victor Rask flail about for the first 3rd of the season, Rossi gets the call-up and they're never able to send him down after that.
He watched Victor Rask flail all of last year and decided he was fine with it again

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Excited to see how he does with Iowa. I was a massive Rossi fan in his draft year. I think a season of getting back up to speed will show that he's still an elite prospect.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Excited to see how he does with Iowa. I was a massive Rossi fan in his draft year. I think a season of getting back up to speed will show that he's still an elite prospect.
Agreed. Hopefully the AHL will be back to full strength this year. Rossi will have his hands full at first adjusting to the increased skill, strength and speed there. If he handles it easily, then he might get a peek at the NHL this year. Iowa should have a good team this year, so he will have support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad